1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Revealed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Feb 4, 2013.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pop back in and tell us what you think someday.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I remember Icewind Dale being roughly 600mb back in the day, which absolutely flustered me and was like a third of my entire HDD. :D
    Makes you weep when thinking about the 50+GB stuff you have nowadays.

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Bloodborne is a pita vs demon/dark souls. I can breeze through demon and dark souls 1-3 with no Internet/help but... Bloodborne is insane. It's the different play style (seems quicker and more brutal w/ no shields, although because I got used to it... in DS 3 I just used weapons 2 handed, so it definitely made me better :)), I got decent way into it but got tired of crazy load times (this was at initial release), so since that's been fixed I need to go back to it. I feel like when you finish a difficult game like that it gives you a sense of accomplishment. I don't like a lot of the easier games getting released, I mean unless there's a strong multiplayer component to make it challenging later.. I'm normally not interested. Now Witcher though, that is a series I still need to play.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, yeah... My 1st computer my parents got me in 4th grade had a 486 with 210MB hard drive... so terrible (well great at the time), a few years later I had a 1.5 GB drive on my newly put together pentium haha (still pathetic in today's terms).. The upside I guess, is I learned how to put pc's together at a young age.

FranchiseBlade and Yung-T like this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember when I got my first HD over a gig. I was thinking to myself, it would be nearly impossible to fill that thing! Times have changed. The sad thing is that now as well as back then many programs are kind of more bloated than they need to be.

Yung-T and CCity Zero like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Will do. But I probably won't get much of a chance to play it for an extended period until this weekend.

I remember when Diablo was released, they released a playable demo first and everybody freaked out because it was a 50MB file. "OMG, it's going to take a day to download!!!!" I think the game may have taken a gig of hard drive space or something which was unheard of. I think I had just bought a 7 GB Maxtor drive and a co-worker asked me what on earth I would need that much space for.

My 1st computer didn't have a hard drive. :(

7. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Ah, memories.

I remember having this one HP tower for awhile that was "high-end" for the time. IIRC it was a 233mhz Pentium 2, 2.73GB hard drive, and we had the 32MB RAM doubled to 64MB.

Then installing Quake 2 on it took up, IDK, like 400MB I think it was? So that one game took up 15% of the hard drive. Just nuts.

And now I think I'm more than halfway to filling my 4TB. And my CPU runs 4 cores, each at 20x the clock speed of that old Pentium 2. Not to mention 12GB of RAM compared to 64MB, an increase of 187x.

CCity Zero and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

Darks Souls had such tramautic deaths, like in one second, i'd think it'd be hard to get through that entire game without internet help. The sentinels on a two foot by two foot shelf, seriously. Ornstein and Smought, f' that.