1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Revealed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Feb 4, 2013.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Cover story for the newest GameInformer. I'll just link to NeoGAF since that's where the info is coming from (for now):
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511690
    Hype.

edit: Geralt taking lessons from James Harden I see.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

One of the best series in the history of gaming!

I will build a new PC for this game alone so that I can play it with everything on Ultra setting at 2560x1600 resolution.

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Love Witcher 2. I hope they don't make me wait for ever for PC

4. RC Cola

Scheduled for 2014, which may almost be forever for some. Cyberpunk is supposed to come out in 2015, so they'll probably want to hit that mark if they can (or else delay both games). Maybe try to cash in on "next-gen" console hype too (Witcher 2 apparently didn't do so well on 360).

Coverage video:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8gIsYuPIKco" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posting some of the updated details from NeoGAF:
    Saw some scans elsewhere. Looks good, though at this stage, they're using an old renderer, so kind of looks like Witcher 2. They had this to say about that:

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Also heard there will be no loading ingame, awesome. Always wanted a RPG without loading times.

6. RC Cola

Witcher 3 will be the final Witcher game (at least from this studio):
    http://www.thewitcher.com/community/entry/329
    Also, discounts/price cuts on Witcher 2:
    More at the link (I just quoted some parts from the press release).

7. RC Cola

Eurogamer has the screens that were in GameInformer, in case you didn't look for the scans previously:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-06-screenshots-of-the-witcher-3
    Like I mentioned earlier, it looks good, though more or less like Witcher 2. But CDPR is working on a new renderer (these screens use the old one), and presumably the game will look better closer to release (specifically the lighting and the skin shaders).

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Less than two weeks to release!

Who pre-ordered? :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/McI_PbjqWsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As somebody who's interested in this game, is it essential to play the first two games?

10. RedRedemption

I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't played the previous games.

Apparently Witcher 2 choices are vital to the storyline of Witcher 3. You can craft your story in the beginning of Witcher 3, but I assume you'd have to have played Witcher 2 to realize what all the choices mean.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Not essential. But it is nice if you have played them. From what i have heard ciri will be very important for the story and she was not even in the first 2 games.

From what i have heard ciri will be very important for the story and she was not even in the first two games. The wild hunt was in

I am so looking forward to this game. I am also reading the books now.

#11 arno_ed, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
  12. Yonkers

Not sure if it's essential but the first two are great games and they are on 85% off sale on Steam right now. Less than 4 bucks for both of the Enhanced Editions. How can you pass that up?

13. RedRedemption

Not to mention once you buy that on Steam you get 20% (or was it 15%?) off the purchase of Witcher 3.

14. VanityHalfBlack

There's no reason not to get a next gen console solely for this game only. Better than Sex.

15. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I haven't played the first two but this one is getting good press and I'm about to be off for three months. Is the game play similar to other RPGs like Dragon Age? I'm asking because I have issues with first person and if this is gonna make me nauseous I will have to pass.

16. RedRedemption

Its a 3rd person RPG.
    Combat looks and feels somewhat similar to Assassin's Creed series imo.

17. CertifiedTroll

If I like character creating in RPGs, and I hate Assassins Creed, is this game pointless to even look at?

18. Yonkers

Maybe. You play as the main character. You're not creating you're own. And if you hate Assassins Creed then this might not be for you.

19. RedRedemption

You won't be character creating. The games are very plot-heavy and apparently are based on a series of books (? not sure).

The game itself should be fun as hell though. Way better than any of the Assassin's Creed games. Not as monotonous as AC either.

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

You will not be creating a character from scratch, but you will be able to decide wether you want him more focussed on magic or swordfighting.

It is very different from AC. I do not think it is a game that is similar at all (and the poster only used it to say that the playing style is similar, which I can see, but do not agree with 100%), I did not like the AC games, but I loved the first 2 witcher games. The biggest advantage the Witcher has is the story. (It is indeed based on a book series and short stories). The story is great and mature. you will be constantly put in a position where you have to decide between the lesser of two evils, there is no good and evil.

If you like great stories, where what you choose really do matter (unlike Dragon Age Inquisition) this is a game to look at.