1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Westbrook bias is out of control!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Apr 20, 2017.

1. txn

txn Member

Then it will be all Kawhi :D it will be all the same, we just need to get used to it

ribbit likes this.
  2. bigred77

bigred77 Member

The problem I have with the the whole "Westbrook has nobody else on his team and HAS to do everything" argument is this: If that's true then you are championing the wrong cause. If we accept that the above statement is true then OKC fans shouldn't be supporting Westbrook they should be rioting with pitchforks to get Sam Presti fired!!!

Presti had Durant, Harden, Westbrook, and Ibaka. No championships, and only Westbrook remains.
    For a horrible team, they just locked up arguably there second and third best players for 4 more years and only paid them, wait for it, $180+ MILLION!! Oladipo and Adams are going to make more than anybody on the Rockets roster outside of James Harden for the foreseeable future. If the Thunder are truly a one man team like everyone is saying, then it's criminal that Presti still has a job.

s3ts, Handles and Richie_Rich like this.
  3. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Russell " Teen Wolf " Westbrook is amazing, the best player in the NBA right now. If I was the other four players out there on his team, I will ask to be traded, there's no fun playing when you never see the ball. I've got the feelings Westbrook will never learn to be a team player. The very attributes that made him to be the best player in the NBA right now are also his downfall. In a few years, when his athleticism starts to decline, his injuries piling up, he will look back and problably regret that he could have done things differently. If Westbrook was a team player, OKC would probably beat us. I believe they have more ammo than us, the trio of Adams, Kanter and Oladipo can give them 50+ points every night if utilize correctly. Thank God for now Teen Wolf has not been able to figure it out yet, Rockets reap the reward...on to the next round.

#63 generalthade_03, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    s3ts likes this.
  4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

when was the last time an MVP has been sweeped?

not trying to stir the pot, genuinely curious.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

For forums, quote the post and then pull out everything from [MEDIA] through [/MEDIA]

Icehouse likes this.
  6. BigTex

BigTex Member

Last night was Westbrooks 39th game this year shooting under 40%. 39 games.

In those games OKC is 14-25.

Including 7 of those 10 triple doubles losses.

Take that for data.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

First of all, the Rockets are not likely to sweep this series. They have the talent to pull it off, but the killer instinct isn't there.

Secondly, I could be wrong, but I believe you have to go all the way back to Magic in 1989 for an MVP getting swept. And that has a big fat asterisk next to it since A)it was in the Finals and B)both Magic and Byron Scott were injured most of that series.

Bo6 and heypartner like this.
  8. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Wow, analyst's this morning just can't say anything other that 'Westbrook...this... Westbrook ... that..." Geez.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

this series is a sweep. rockets haven't even played well and if okc can't even win with WB's game last night, they're not going to get a game out of houston

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

A friend told me that Oladipo went off on Westbrook after the game, telling him to go play 1 on 5 basketball somewhere if that's what he wants to do, per David Aldridge. Anyone else see this?

51 points on 43 field goals. LOL.

Glad he's helping out the homeless community of Houston by building so many houses with those bricks. This man doesn't deserve the MVP, but he should get some kind of humanitarian award.

sugrlndkid likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

fake. don't be so quick to believe stuff

12. count_dough-ku

I think the Rockets can sweep this series, but I don't expect them to. They don't have that intensity from the opening tip night in and night out. I think their high scoring offense has created a mentality that they can just turn it on for a couple quarters a game and come back from any deficit against any team. And sometimes that was the case this season. Hell, it happened last night against the Thunder. But if they go into Game 3 with that mindset, they're gonna get burned.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is definitely fake, but boyyyyyyyyyyyy howdy do i want it to be true lmaoooooooo

Vivi likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't think they need to honestly. okc isn't any good other than a WB. a lot of people around here give them just a little too much credit for being an actual threat. And even then we see everything evens out over the course of the game. okc gets a little hot at the beginning so what. They're not good enough to sustain it over a full game period. sweep imo

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I assume you want to know about first round only.

Moses was "swept" 2-0 in a best of 3 series.
    And in 1976, Kareem did not even make the playoffs. He was swept 4-0 in second round the following year of a back-to-back MVP, as well.

Bo6 and Richie_Rich like this.
  16. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I don't watch sportscenter much but I saw a couple of clips on youtube and it was terrible. The hosts are not doing any analysis save maybe for some +/- stats. These bros are still stuck in the box score analysis era. They do the NBA community a disservice with their shallow commentary.

PS Harden is the MVP!

17. count_dough-ku

Gotta be fake. Oladipo is the one guy who is in no position to go off on Westbrook. The dude is 5-26 through 2 games. That would be like if Ryan Anderson went off on Harden in the locker room.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

of course folks have a right to complain . . . but does everyone need to exercise that right incessantly? :rolleyes:

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It is fake. I asked him to source me.

20. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

westbrook is ALL OVER my instagram feed for his "LEGENDARY" performance LOL. this media bias is ridiculous. 39% on 43 FGA and shot them out of the game