1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Westbrook bias is out of control!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Ryan Rusillo tearing Westbrook a new one on Sportcenter and that Indian anchor and dorky white guy can't believe he is crushing their boy Westbrook.

2. conquistador#11

impressive that the western media is still marveling at his "triple double" last night, so empty.
    Like I said when Mchale was here about Harden, I'll say it with westbrook. A great player needs a system to believe in. What they run now and what they ran with scotty was always anarchy. It can work if you have three of those transcending players...ooops OKC.

Teen wolf thinks he shot one too many shots pass the ball to "chubby" once in a while in the 4th why don't you

DonKnock and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. j@amc

j@amc Member

Maybe someone will run a throwback Thursday piece comparing Jordan 63-point double overtime performance with Westbrook's 51-point triple double. It is after all the 30th anniversary of that legendary performance. Jordan's effort was 10-times what Westbrook offered, but they both lost the game. Ultimately, Jordan's Bulls were dispatched by that unbelievable Celtics team. At that time, no one would have even considered Jordan for the MVP that year. That was reserved for champions. It seems the media has lost its focus as to what this award ought to mean.

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/116844/a-closer-look-at-michael-jordans-63-point-game

After that game, I think Jordan realized that to be great he had to be able to affect the whole game, not just scoring. What's weird about these Westbrook performances is that he piles up these gaudy numbers, but the game outcome isn't really affected by him. His presence on the defensive end of the court seems slight at best.

Of course, that's Harden's problem as well. Neither of them can seem to shut down a perimeter player like Jordan could.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I quit watching that show years ago when I quickly realized Charles is a clown and Kenny is an idiot.
    CB is just a clown, but funny. Smith is a certified moron. I quit watching that show years ago in the hopes of keeping my sanity and I.Q. intact.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Sorry for the double reply. My bad.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Step 1: Never tune into ESPN
    Step 2: Don't listen to Skip Brainless or other tards
    Step 3: Use CF as your primary source
    Step 4: PROFIT

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

But...But... Westbrook averaged a triple double this year?

(excellent post, btw)

8. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I swear McBuckets could drop 4 or 5 threes in a quarter if Billy Donovan would keep him in there and Westbrook would pass him the ball.

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

I would love McBuckets coming off the bench for the Fockets next year...

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I like step 4

DonKnock and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yeah, but he's horrible defensively and Donovan is too scared of playing his horrible defensive players against the Rockets, especially when Harden is on the floor.

12. j@amc

j@amc Member

You mentioned Westbrook's 43% season usage rate. Last night that number ballooned to 54.7%. Harden's was high at 40.7%, but he had Gordon (26%) and Lou Williams (30.8%) to balance things out. It's weird that the media wants to make the MVP into whose star shines the brightest. I think Harden realized somewhere in this game that he has to play Rockets ball and not get in some kind of MVP competition with Westbrook.

ilias, DonKnock and Richie_Rich like this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Westbrook is the new Kobe

Infallible to no end

DonKnock likes this.
  14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Goodness the saltiness if everywhere. Shannon Sharpe punking Skip Bayless and the Molly Qerim wannabe clone.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You guys are missing the point. Other than maybe Cowherd (who nobody cares about anymore) Even the folks that are currently ripping on him (like TNT guys) still think he's a better player than Harden obviously, and likely voted for him as MVP.

The angst you are hearing is frustration and disbelief because they are wowed by his velocity attacking the rim, and his glorious missed dunks... see this incredible stat sheet, and then have to scratch their heads and wonder why the Thunder didn't win.

All the while.... NOBODY is saying... You know what.... Maybe the Rockets were just better, and deserve credit for gutting out a win against a team that is really really good defensively, and on the boards who gave max effort last night and has had a great gameplan to stop the Rockets from doing what they are good at and forcing them to play their game of bully ball. I actually think Billy Donovan deserves some credit because they are executing a solid strategy but just getting beat by a better team who is beating them at their game.

All of the above is true, and the Rockets have still won the past two games playing OKC's brand of basketball. The Westbrook situation is an issue here for Houston Sports fans that I think we are right to b**** and complain about. Harden will likely NOT win the MVP this year while he is clearly the better player, and the OKC Thunder actually have just as much talent if not more than Houston but because Westbrook creates this type of team when he is the sole focal point of their gameplan, his teammates aren't elevated and made better like the Rockets players are.

I think the Westbrook issue is real, and we have a right to complain. Hopefully the Rockets blow out this series and make everyone out there shut up about the matchup and Westbrooks MVP trophy will ALWAYS have an asterisk next to it because of this series.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Anyway to copy and paste this elsewhere?

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

And no mention of how Harden took over the game and the rockets cranking up the defense in the fourth quarter LOL.

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I agree with the folks on here though who say that Sharpe is not very good at making his case. Skip asked repeatedly who Westbrook has on his team to pass to on the perimeter. Uh, McDermott was 3-4 from downtown last night(including one early in the 4th).

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Harden over Westbrook as MVP to me (because one makes his teammates better). But regardless of the 43 FGA, ugly 4th and loss - I thought Westbrook balled OFF last night. A+ performance, D+ outfit.

20. JazzLakerHater

Yeah for three quarters