1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Westbrook apology thread for Clutch,Yolo, et al

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hakeemtheking, Oct 28, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's great. is the team better is all i care about. all this player player nonsense is lovely though. keep that same energy all year long. lets see what happens with all the cards some of you are trying to pull

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

apparently clutch myself and others missed the trophy presentation in the middle of game 3. after game 1. "its early" after game 3 "the apology thread".

you just hate to see it. but that's how cf's is.

justtxyank likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Westbrook is amazing. Westbrook is life.

hakeem94, napalm06 and YOLO like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

What? I am only talking about defense. I have nothing to complain about offense lol. See this is how people make up **** in their minds.

YOLO likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

None of that has to do with Westbrook. Gordon, Harden and House have played horrendous basketball and shooting worse than ever in their careers.

Let me get this straight, If Paul were here instead do you think we'd have the same record or worse?

roslolian likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@Et al

7. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

All other things unchanged (which is close with this team): I do think that if we had CP instead of RW then this team would be 1-2 or 0-3.

Three games in, though. There is a lot left to see this season. I'm very encouraged so far.

Patience and justtxyank like this.
  8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I'd have to give it at least a Jalapeno, considering the Clutch call out. Maybe even Habanero

#88 BigDog63, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    hakeem94, DreamShook and jiggyfly like this.
  9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

and wasn't that EXACTLY what they wanted him to do? ;-)

ie, this would all seem to be just what Dr. Morey ordered, so far.

Magicsaint likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Top 10 in free throws per game. Outside the top 25 in FGA per game.

That is beautiful. Sustain that for 82.

justtxyank likes this.
  11. PrinceH

PrinceH Member

He's looking great, Rockets always seem to start slow, once James shots start falling and Russell gets more accustomed , definitely a better season than last

roslolian likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It has nothing to do with Westbrook, Gordon, Paul, Harden, House, Olajuwon, Sura, or Vin Baker.

It's too early to make grand proclamations. Super emotional people around here if every set of 1-3 games is going to affect us like this.

YOLO likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Salty about what? Because I don’t agree that 3 games in is when u start serving up crow to people when we still got 79 more games and the playoffs to go I’m salty? That doesn’t even make sense.

CF loves acting prematurely...after game 1, Chris Paul was supposedly more explosive and quicker now because he happened to drop 22 on the Jazz according to some...I wonder if we’ll be seeing any more of those takes now

What about all the trashing of Westbrook in preseason? Now it’s all love. Y’all switch up so quick.

I remember some people talking about how the Kings could be a playoff team in 17-18 because we only beat them by 5 in their home opener. They ended up winning like 28 games. A large sample size is always needed. Y’all won’t even let the crow marinate 1st before cooking it and trying to serve it.

I hope Russ continues his efficient, high level of play all season long and the Rockets do major damage in the postseason

jcmoon likes this.
  14. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

Key is that we start making the shots before he starts feeling like he has to do everything himself. If he kicks it out rather than take a bad midrange shot, I can live with whatever he shoots from 3 regardless of how many he takes.

15. MystikArkitect

Is the team better? Yes.

17 Paul? No. 19 Paul? Yes. Dude is a shell of himself. Westbrook's doing some things (alley oop to Clint, drive and dish to Tuck corner, rebound over Adams) that CP would never dream of doing. Rockets have issues but Russ currently isn't one of them.

hakeem94, Patience and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

i guess everyone missed the memo that the 19-20 season was complete. when is the parade

the rockets finished the previous season after the break top 5 rated on both sides of the ball. 3 games in we got all kinds of kneejerk reactions going on. congrats on the 2-1 record championship trophy. beating a nop team w/o jrue and zion and okc. some of us care much more about the obrien one though and the long haul for this team. i guess the standards somehow shifted for some of you to 2 wins out of 3

#keepthatsameenergy

#96 YOLO, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You can lump me into that group as a vocal Westbrook critic and somebody who wanted to keep Paul.

Westbrook has been terrific, but it's been 3 games. I've always said my concerns lie in the postseason, and that remains the case. I've watched Westbrook obliterate his teams' chances 3 straight postseasons. I will root for him to succeed the whole year, but his playoff success is what I truly care about. We'll see what happens.

DreamShook and YOLO like this.
  18. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

I'll keep the same energy because Russell Westbrook has been better as a player than Chris Paul for many years now. Westbrook isn't just going to forget how to stop playing basketball.

We know Westbrook takes wild shots and isn't a better shooter. None of this is new. Despite his flaws, he's better than Chris Paul and has been for some time.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

I mean defense.

Now respond to that.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really but yeah you do that. we'll see how the season ends and what you're saying in June. but congrats for going 2-1 to start the 19 season