1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Westbrook apology thread for Clutch,Yolo, et al

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hakeemtheking, Oct 28, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm a man of the people now. Yolo is pretty iight, think we misjudged him brother

YOLO likes this.
  2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

wasn't too early to write off the trade before Westbrook sniffed a Rockets' jersey but its too early to say the opposite a few games in?

3. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

U sound salty

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or maybe he has been watching CP3 and Westbrook this year? :eek: That‘s a novel idea...

5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

TRUTH... PREACH.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Are you going to be this guy all season? Westbrook has been a complete, undeniable beast so far, and you are taking the Holic road?

Sheesh... Call me crazy, but If I’m going down, I am going down with the Houston Rockets. If you Westbrook haters are so desperate to be right that you are going to be salty on here for THAT senior citizen we saw on the Thunder tonight, be my guest.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is the true fight we should have been talking about during October and not some random tweet.....;)

8. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I do think that some of the original responses to the trade went from silly to borderline embarrassing; but there were also a lot of well thought-out reasons given by people who had issues with the trade.

At the end of the day as long as you aren't cheering for the Rockets to fail so that your point is "right" then it is not a big deal.

Very happy for the Rockets to win, and hoping that the Beard & Brodie duo can push this team to heights not seen since 1995!

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

There has been a lot of embarrassing and unfair hate on Westbrook the last few years, not just from rockets fans

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Let me guess, @Hakeemtheking - you got married after the first date?

YOLO and justtxyank like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

YOLO likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

There’s only one group desperate to be right. And it’s OP and others who are tailing followers in this thread. Just stop this bs. Do you see anyone of us making a thread after game 1? Why didn’t this come about after that game then. All of a sudden game 3 is the right time. Come on man, that’s just terrible. I could of easily been saying what I still don’t like about wb but again the judgment is long haul results. Not game 3. You know what makes people desperate to be right when poor attempts like this happen. Like I said OP set himself up real nice. Add mentioning clutch and all.

#72 YOLO, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    IBTL and justtxyank like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Cool 3 games over 2 seasons worth. Good one :eek:

14. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

We better win the whole thing this year or next. Threads like this seem to never die. This will ultimately come down to regular season numbers and stats vs having a legit chance to win during the playoffs. So far Russ has been fantastic. But the only way that crow can truly be served is if we at least get out of the west. Getting to the second round or even the WCF is old news now. If we do not, this and other threads will be bumped and the i told you so folks will still get the last laugh. I'm staying with a more patient approach, but the early returns on Russ have been amazing. He deserves his props right now.

FrontRunner likes this.
  15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's clearly a major upgrade over Paul at this point. That much is obvious.

We have a litany of other issues though.

houston19519 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Definitely top ten, and for the first time in his life he gets to see single coverage on a nightly basis....its like a wet dream for him playing in a spread pick and roll. He is playing exactly like we want and need him to. I would say higher than top ten, looks like top five to me. He shoulda had another triple double last night. He's a rebounding machine! and is running the break like a blur. His defense looks pretty good to me too! This trade is turning out to be all that we needed it to be, we have hope now and a team to build around again. We need to make one trade this season and add some more pieces, but the foundation is there! players will definitely want to play with us, with the way brodie is passing the ball. he's not really forcing his shots unless he has to.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If this is the Harden Paul had to start the year with we are 0-3 right now

that’s not up for debate

18. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

He’s still better than Chris Paul.

IBTL and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  19. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

And our offense is terrible because we don’t have Chris Paul?

Child please.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We've played three sloppy, mediocre games. You guys are way too twitchy.

justtxyank and YOLO like this.