1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the Warriors own the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Apr 1, 2017.

1. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Spurs beat them once. The second win was their bench against GSW's bench so although technically a win, is not saying much. In their most recent loss, the Spurs took a fat L at the AT&T center and didn't seem to play them as well as we did.

Yes, we lost 3 against them.

The first loss was a blowout the entire time.

The second time, it was looking like a blowout until we got back to 2/3 down but ultimately fell apart. Harden's wrist was clearly bothering him and Ryno was out.

The third time, we led a majority of the game until we got gassed at the end and fell apart. Harden's wrist was continuing to bother him and Ryno was still out. I believe this was the second best we played them this season. This was in Oracle also.

I don't know about you guys, but I sense a completely different dynamic when we face the Warriors now compared to the Dwight days. Prior to this season, the team would bend over and put its tail between its legs as soon as the Warriors went on a run. This season, we have put up a good fight and nearly won 2 out of 3 times. We even found ways to fight back and cut the lead when they go on runs. I believe this is a combination of the Rockets improving as a team, and the loss of depth/key players from GSW in order to get Durant.

I believe we have a good chance of beating them in the playoffs, if:
    • Capela rebounds relentlessly like during the last game and makes free throws
    • Playoff Nene is unleashed
    • We are healthy (Harden and Ryno)
    • At least two/three of (Gordon/Ryno/Lou/Ariza/Harden/Beverley) shoot hot from 3
    • Durant returns and messes up their rediscovered chemistry
    • We defend McGee better (hack-a-McGee to ruin their pace?)
    I'm tired of the recent domination by the Warriors when we play them, but I believe we are closing that gap and have made improvements each time we played them. With a healthy and consistent team, we can keep up with them and beat them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

They run us off the 3. Then, when we try to go to the basket, Draymond takes that away. We end up settling for jumpers outside the lane, and that's not our game, so we miss. They can win this way even when they're not hitting their shots.

Zboy and tinman like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They are exactly why I wanted DMo - not that he is a GREAT player, but that he offers a contrast on the low block to add some variety if needed, if not him, then bring in Scola for a low post scoring presence.

We are too one dimensional - and frankly EASY to guard in a 7 game series.

DD

tinman and Little Bit like this.
  4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Rockets will never beat Warriors with terrible shooters like Lou Williams, Eric Gordon, and Ryan Anderson.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Do you think Scola would help this team?

I personally think thatd be a terrible signing unless its out of nostalgia and he just rides the bench.

He cant run up and down the court, play at our pace, or space the floor. He is not a Mike Dantoni player

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

anyone remember when clippers owned us? james harden just wasnt himself against them and they seemed impossible to beat?

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not really the same. Blake and DeAndre exploited the Rockets interior issues.
    Clippers were known to be chokers.

Golden State went to the finals twice and won a championship. Their shooters are as good or better than ours, their bench is stronger than ours. Draymon is a better defender than what we have on the inside and he's versatile.

Zboy likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

in any metaphor used nothing is the 'same' as.. nothing is 100% alike, because then it would be that very thing it is compared to, the map is not the territory...but boy those clips looked unbeatable(by rockets only other teams knew how to deal with them) and they seemed like cryptonite for harden and all of their players were arguably better than our counterparts except perhaps for harden
    btw warriors and Durant are also known to be huuge chokers ...so i take it as my metaphor being pretty valid even per your standards

of course i am not saying we 100% beating them , just that i wouldnt be surprised at all...

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think the warriors are known as chokers
    Champions aren't chokers
    Don't forget clutch city Rockets being improperly named choke city

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

warriors chocked 3:1 lead in finals..its perhaps the biggest choke job in the history of NBA

durant chocked 3:1 lead in wc finals

they are not champions they simply had historically BIG luck with injuries and dare i say refs?

11. kh0001

kh0001 Contributing Member

Luck?
    A team went to Final in consecutive years.
    A team won 73 games in regular season.

12. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Any moral victory from this last loss is negated by the fact that Durant didn't play.

Regardless, every team has a team that is a bad matchup for them. It's the warriors for us. It was the Sonics for the old early/mid 90s rockets.

13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

They went 7 minutes and 13 possessions without a bucket in the 4th. I agree, moral wins don't belong in pro ball but I do believe they beat themselves. the warriors D is strong but not so much that the rockets should be bottoming out for half of the final 12.

The Texans wouldn't step in and sit Watt and he fkd himself right up. His career may never be the same. It's time for the rockets to say, big hoss, the bigger goals await us in the postseason.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, as a vet big for the playoffs.

And he is a good 3pt shooter now.

DD

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

But dmo sucks

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  17. rockets13champs

so is there no punnishment for Draymond

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They won one ring, they aren't some sort of dynasty.

You want to crown their asses, crown em but I wouldn't be surprised to see another chock job from them.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

dumb thread i reckon. Let us face them with a full team. Ryan Anderson destroyed them in our win against them and hasn't played in any of the other games in the series.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  20. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, they own us. Nothing we didn't already know. They have better players. If we play them in the playoffs they will probably win.

I mean, this isn't really news. The Warriors are one of the best teams in NBA history.