1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Warriors looked beatable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pandaemonaeon, May 19, 2015.

1. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I've got to confess: coming into this game I thought the Warriors were like Baba Yaga or something. Especially after going through those blowouts with the Clippers, and today where that ridiculous run in the 2nd where our huge lead evaporated like nothing, I thought we were screwed.

And yet for all their weapons, their vaunted home court, their superb execution, the Rockets making costly mistakes, and Dwight's injury, that blowout I was expecting never happened. We hung in with these guys all the way to the end, and even a seemingly insurmountable 9 pt lead with 2 1/2 to go was nearly overcame.

I feel good about this series.

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i agree. i think we have a chance if d12 is ok.

i think a healthy cav team could definitely beat the warriors also

3. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Yep.They're not as good as I thought they were coming into this series. If we rebound better we win this game.

1 person likes this.
  4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yes they are. One game a time though. Time to make some adjustments as the series goes on. That's why the better team wins a 7 game series.

5. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

i just fear this was the only home game that they did look beatable in, which is y aim soo pissed off atm....great fight
    Ariza and Harden really showed up tonight props to the heart and will they displayed, but we aren't gonna beat the warriors without more contributions all around...PGs weren't good and jones stunk up the joint

If dwight is ok we got a chance otherwise its not looking so bright

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yes, they are beatable, but the Rockets can't have performances like some of the one's they had tonight.

- Jones...I mean...we all know how bad he played. Hate to single him out, but man...he ruined us.
    - Terry...you're on the court to hit 3's. Bricking that many open looks was pretty unacceptable.
    - Brewer...disaster defensively. Far too many blown assignments.
    - Smith...the usual untimely turnovers. The ball should always be in Harden's hands down the stretch.

The Rockets didn't play great, and they lost Dwight, but only lost by 4. I don't think that's repeatable by any means, so unless they pick it up in many areas, it's going to be rough. You have to play a near-perfect game to beat the Warriors at home.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We missed our chance to steal one.

Game 2 will not be as pretty - especially if Howard is hurt. They destroyed us inside without Howard in the 2nd half.

8. Kingshadaine

Kingshadaine Member

Don't worry, they will blow us out the next game

9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Only team that will make me root for Lebron is GS. Can't stand those punks. They're full of their own ****.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

One game at a time. You worry too much. If they beat us in a 7 game series, they are the better team. Let's upgrade and do it better next year. We are pretty close already. Guys like CP3 have not made to the conference finals yet.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

GSW always looks beatable.

They just seem unbeatable when 1) consecutive 3s get drained in your face and 2) the Roaracle becomes ridiculous because of the first reason.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

This is how I look at it

Can we do better?

Can they do better?

What's the difference?

Will be a close series.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

If you don't believe in this team by this point, you never will. Take your negativity somewhere else. This team showed heart, despite the odds that stacked up throughout the game. If Dwight can go and we can clean things up, I fully believe now that we can beat this team. This team has a heart that can't be measured, and they showed it tonight despite the loss. I fully expect them to come out with the same fire next game, and with some minor improvements, we can take them. Have some faith in your team and be proud of how far they've come and how they're representing us.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They are that good..but Rockets are underestimated as a team, even by their own fans. These are the true finals.

15. SemisolidSnake

I agree. I think we can beat them maybe even without Dwight. We have to do something about TJones playing like the assiest ass and Terry having the worst +/- on the team and more minutes than Prigioni who has the best +/- on the team.

More Capela. More Capela. More Capela. More Capela. More Capela. More Prigioni. Smith passing, not scoring.

We can win this. The Warriors just keep shooting until your mistakes catch up with you. We can counter that and win if we adjust.

16. krouchchocolate

I hope I am wrong, but I think we are going to get blown out game 2. Game 1 was ours to win just b/c we played clippers 2 days ago and our momentum was high going into this series. Warriors had a long break so I was hoping they had some rust going on.

17. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

What do you have a hi def TV..?? the rockets turn the ball over so many times, and Dwight did not even play and they won my 4 points.. geez

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

The Pels played the Warriors pretty tough in their first game too. Let's learn from that, don't give them day light in the next game. Starts with defense.

19. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

If we have playoff Dwight I think win for sure. We were dominating the paint bigtime until that injury. I really hope it's a bruise or something and he can recover fully in time to finish this out.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No team is unbeatable. It's just a matter of degree.

Mavs are easy. Clippers were difficult. Warriors will be the most difficult we will see this season.

We could have stolen tonight's game from them. TBH, we didn't play a perfect game. They didn't either. Livingston got them back in the game in the 2nd Q. Harden kept us alive in the 4th. Bogus gave them nothing. Jones gave us nothing. At the end, we made a few more mistakes than they did and we lost.

I don't want to complain about the refs. I don't want to complain about injuries. Just play hard and play smart and it'll be a great series.

1 person likes this.