1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Utah Jazz Homecourt "Advantage"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

In case you missed the FSN halftime piece today.

<object width="480" height="388"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B0YoXt-mnug&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B0YoXt-mnug&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="388"></embed></object>

2. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Why in the world did they not stop the play when the clock wasn't going anyways? Did they pay the refs off or something?

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

dirty ****ing cheaters. it's ok, the nba got them back in the finals a few years later.

4. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Peterson and Foley are GREAT. Totally captured what Rockets fans were feeling.

5. Pringles

Pringles Member

bill and matt were talking how the jazz nearly fouls every game, but since if the refs call the fouls, it'd be stopping the flow of the game. i was like :confused: a foul is a foul. don't matter, you dont' let a team play like that, that's called cheating. that's called unfair advantage. that's called stupid. sure i may be a lil biased right now since we lost, but a foul is a foul.

Foul = Foul
    Foul + against the flow of the game = foul (still a foul)

but to the jazz, the refs like to use this equation.
    foul+ against hte flow of the game = no call.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I remember watching this as it happened. That was so pathetic. If we had lost because of that, it would have been on the level of the USA/Soviet Union Olympic screw job.

7. dafranchise0309

Ok those additions are great, but we just saw those three in action tonight, can you tell me who won again?

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

What are you guys even talking about? Did you even watch the video? One post in and this topic got derailed. Come on guys.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah I cleaned it up ... a rookie who had something to say and grabbed the first thread he could find to say it.

10. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Do I really have to mention that Yao is out for the year? You were talking about how Tmac and Yao can't win, but with these guys they can if Yao didn't get hurt.

11. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

I remember watching that live on TV and couldn't believe it either.

Another reason why the Jazz are the most hated team Rocket lore.

12. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

That is pretty intense.

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Take your pointless argument to another thread.

Watch the video.

14. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Get out the helmets and the pads. Gonna need 'em playing the Jazz in the first round.

At least five Jazz players could have fouled out tonight, except it "would have interfered with the flow of the game". What a crock! No wonder they're 37 and 4 at home.

OTOH, between fantastic luck and a lot of hustle, they creamed us on the boards, especially offensively. The ball often bounces in funny ways. I admire the hustle and can only curse the luck - some times the bounces go the other way.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I remember that.

The best part was that even though the clock never ran, we still played good D, and forced a turnover.

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Man I remember that one.

That felt like a lifetime in the moment...

17. ibm

ibm Member

one of the reasons utah is the most hated team in my book.

18. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Yup they clanked a ton of jumpers that went back to a Jazz rebounder at the FT line, we always had good position for defensive rebounding, seems to me like they were getting a ton of lucky clanks.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah we know, the Jazz cheat at home. Their defensive motto is foul, foul, foul, and when the refs are not looking foul some more. It's a travesty that they are allowed to keep the nickname "Jazz" and if that entire state imploded upon itself the rest of the world wouldn't notice. In the words of Matt Saunders (Luke Wilson) from My Super Ex-girlfriend:

Don't go to Utah. Utah sucks.

20. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

I want to see Landry and Hayes make some statement fouls... as long as sloan is coach the jazz will be dirty.