1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Undefeated] James Harden: ‘We are for real as it can get’

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 22, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

James Harden: ‘We are for real as it can get’

• “We’re for real, for real. We are for real as it can get,” Harden told The Undefeated. “I have never been this confident playing in my entire career. Not only by adding Chris [Paul], but the rest of our team. We have a team with depth that at any moment can impact the game. We just got to stay locked in the rest of the season.”
    • “My body feels good. It feels real good,” said Harden, who had 22 points and eight assists in 34 minutes in his second game back from injury.
    • “We’re just so confident. Confident that we can work well together,” Harden said of the trio. Said Capela: “They make the game so much easier. Whenever I get the ball, I feel good. I feel more confidence with both of them.”
    • “We just hoop,” Paul said. “I didn’t know Eric had six points till just now. We just hoop. That’s a fun way to play. You don’t care [about individual statistics]. James had 10 last game and we won. I’ve had plenty of single scoring games. We’re just hooping.”
    • “We’re deep. We can score with the best of them,” Gordon said. “And all we have to do is just have an attitude that whoever we play we have to have the desire to win like we had [Saturday]. And we will have a chance to win. We really do have a legit chance.”
    • “It was a big statement, because we definitely wanted to win the tie-breaker,” Gordon said. “We know we are only a couple games behind them and we’re going to start making a big run here. We can try to see if we can get that No. 1 seed. That’s what we really want.
    • “It was just a little crazy the past 15 games with all the injuries. And now, this is the first time we can play with everyone healthy for the rest of the season. … It was really important to win [Saturday].”
    • Hakeem Olajuwon knows what a champion looks like, as he led the Rockets to their two titles. After the win over the Warriors, the Hall of Fame told The Undefeated while walking alongside that championship hallway mural, “This wasn’t an accident. This is for real.”
    • “This is the only team that has the weapons to beat us,” Capela said of the Warriors. “If we do what we’re supposed to do against them, we’re better than them.”

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets appear to be a legitimate threat to Warriors in the West

media conspiracy

3. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Stretch forward Ryan Anderson is always a threat behind the arc.

sending positive vibes Ryno's way

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Keep an eye on wheeling-and-dealing Rockets general manager Daryl Morey to see if he makes a move before the Feb. 8 deadline or picks up a waived veteran to further boost his roster.

Murray is a horrible gm

Killatron 2000 and BigMaloe like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

“This is the only team that has the weapons to beat us,” Capela said of the Warriors. “If we do what we’re supposed to do against them, we’re better than them.”

Clint has been misquoted in the other threads. media conspiracy.

D-rock, DonKnock, Patience and 2 others like this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Does anyone else feel fairly confident that a series with the Warriors will be great, BUT we still have a huge risk of getting punked out if the second round of we don't take other teams as seriously?

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Honestly. Last year was so special. I thought we could compete and possibly stun and upset the warriors. Obviously that didn’t happen.

But this year?

Bruuuuuhh....

This is the best I’ve ever felt about a team winning a championship. I didn’t follow basketball a lot because of my age when we last won but this team shows championship qualities.

The extra gear they show is real and what’s needed for ultimate success.

I believe!

D-rock, DonKnock, Reeko and 7 others like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we still need a couple pieces to really compete in a playoff series with them. question is whether morey/tillman pull the trigger before the deadline and 1) put us in lux tax 2) somewhat reduce are flexibility come july

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

The Naismith Hall of Fame called The Undefeated to let them know they think the Rockets are for real?

That was nice of them. I didn't know the Hall Of Fame evaluated current league matchups like that

11. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Dude, stop being logical and reasonable.

Ride the wave....we already won. Spurs can't beat us either.

SIL

12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Well you now you know....we for real.

SIl

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

RIGHT!!
    I saw this and like .. MAN they completely misquoted him

Rocket River

D-rock, DonKnock and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

One time former Rockets owner Leslie Alexander called a team headed by Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato championship caliber, lol.

Let's not crown them quite yet.

15. photojoe

photojoe Member

It's more than just a question of morey/tilman pulling the trigger to increase our luxury tax and reduce our flexibility...

That is part of it, sure.

But more than that, what is that piece out there that "we still need..to really compete in a playoff series"? We can throw out unattainable names (Lebron isn't being traded)- but what is actually available at the trade dealine that would make us better, and what do we possibly have to give up in a trade to get it? All of our players that have positive trade value are too important to our rotation to trade. Even Anderson, maybe we trade him during the offseason, but we are too good this year to trade him at the deadline unless we received some kind of replacement

D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

when was that?

was Steve a top 5 and Cuttino at top 10 player at the time?

Right now Harden is a top 5 , CP3 is a top 10 player, and Ego & Cp3 are top 50 players. Impossible to get any closer to GSW's 2 top 5, 1 top 10, 1 top 20, and 1 top 50 player at this day and age.

Yeah they for real but no one even Harden or Cp3 crowing the Rockets right now.

D-rock likes this.
  17. mockster

mockster Member

I have this looming feeling Morey is about to get a crucial player before trade deadline. Whether it’s a big player or not I think it will be impactful.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  18. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It was in the preseason when they were all on the same team... can't remember the year.
    Us old timers remember it quite well.

Point being, every year they're remotely good, we hear this same stuff. Great, they have confidence. Good to know.
    I guarantee you that IF they bow out of the playoffs this year, and CP3 is back, and they add another piece or whatever, and are good again in the regular season next year, we'll hear this again next year...

It's not a big deal. In fact, clearly they are as close as they've been in forever, talent wise, roster wise, etc.

Some of the language though seems to me to be a bit premature. Specifically Clint. But also the for real stuff. The rest of the quotes, in the middle, that's just a really good team talking about how they're playing really good, loose, confident, healthy, etc... no problemo

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  20. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

“Dat what we want!” -Trevor Ariza, 2018