1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Twitter reacts to Miesha Tate's victory. <a href="https://t.co/SaTZCMDExc">pic.twitter.com/SaTZCMDExc</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/706370624080519168">March 6, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. BigTex

BigTex Member

Dana white just said Rousey vs Tate will be the next fight. Said Holly had her opportunity to wait for Rousey rematch. And he thinks Connor should defend his 145lb belt next fight.

4. VanityHalfBlack

I thought he was from Stockton? It did I missed the joke.

5. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. VanityHalfBlack

Are you talking about the Jim Kelly scene in enter the dragon? Ghettos all over the world quote? Is that what you're referring to?

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That was a fun UFC to watch. On to the next one!

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

From what I understand..thats their usual weight without cutting to make a lighter weight...so it shouldnt matter that CM moved up, right? :confused:

9. VanityHalfBlack

Holly and Conor will be okay.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So many excuses for Conor.

Let's not forget, Diaz had no camp.

And Conor did.

Diaz hurt Conor bad on a 1/2 combo and that was the beginning of the end.

Crazy how he rolled over to give him his back

He panicked.

11. body slam

body slam Member

I would go Rousey Holm 1st and the winner gets Tate.

As far as Conner goes I would give him Frankie

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was concussed and facing a ground and pound. Didn't look like he could get his hands in for defense. Survived the guillotine. Gave up his back to avoid the Rickson arm bar. That was Diaz's territory, right there.

Diaz is a vulgar ass, but the dude can take a hit. Probably takes a lot of unnecessary punishment.

Connor says he wore himself down trying for the KO. Might explain the hands being down so much, which I saw as showboating. Both dudes took a chance and made for a nice fight.

Can't wait to see Kron Gracie climb the ranks!

14. VanityHalfBlack

15. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Bump.
    Called it.

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with tapping out when you know you got got. Holm should have tapped to protect her life. Her flailing at the end may have been a tap attempt, but that choke was in well before the desperation flip....

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It probably was, to be honest, I give her all the credit in the world for having the guts to take a choke all the way to the end. I sure as hell wouldn't. I've done that before and it's no fun. At a certain point, when you know you are beat, you should tap. Being stubborn like that is why Frank Mir broke Big Nog's arm, he had plenty of time to tap and just didn't.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The funny thing about that is...Connor basically admitting that the big reason he dominates the FW division is because he's bigger than everyone else because he's able to make the weight cut.

I still think he's a great fighter but yeah, that's not the excuse I'd go with if I were him.

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I wasn't but that fits. Nate to me is no nonsense, authentically street hard. Like a guy who grew up fighting and could scrap however possible to win a fight. McGregor to me is a lot of glitter and flash. In the interviews I just kept thinking, "this McGregor guy has no idea what he has coming to him"

20. Beavis Stiffler

McGregor took a huge risk in moving up two weight classes and Holm for having not to wait a year for her rematch with Rousey but I give them credit for taking the fights. That's like Mayweather moving up from welterweight (147) to super middleweight (168) in boxing and that's why he's not going to fight "GGG" Golovkin at middleweight. That is the problem for boxing right now. Most boxing promoters protect their fighters by putting them in "easy, mismatched" fights and not giving them a challenge to be in a tough fight. At least Dana White had the guts to put his best fighters in tough challenges.

I don't think last night's results is bad for the UFC. I mean its the equivalent of the Raptors beating the Cavs, the Clippers defeating the Warriors, or the Thunder over the Spurs in the NBA Playoffs. The majority of us like the upsets and the underdogs. This is like the Giants defeated the Patriots or the Broncos defeated the Panthers in the Super Bowl.

Hey maybe this could be a inspiring motivation for the Rockets to try and upset the Warriors or Spurs in the playoffs.