1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Chamillionaire

You can tell DC wasn't expecting that.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Stipe got 750. DC got 500. That doesn't sound very good for a champion. There is a reason mcgregor fought floyd.

3. sew

sew Member

It was completely staged, but I was entertained and will not hesitate to buy that PPV

4. body slam

body slam Member

If just one of guys could have kept a straight face I would have looked better.

KingCheetah likes this.
  5. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

In the post-fight presser, DC was talking about how he was surprised because him and Brock go way back to their college wrestling days, and how they're family men who know each others kids. No history of bad blood. He respects Brock and can overlook him getting popped (unlike Jones), but he has to be tested and clean when they fight.

Of course, this too could've just been staged comments to hype the matchup even more. Regardless, the future of the HW division is up in the air afterwards. If DC wins, he retires. Then what, a tournament to crown a new champ? If Brock wins, who would he defend against: Stipe/a clean Jones/rematch?

I'd imagine Vince keeps the belt on him just for the possibility of Brock holding both the WWE and UFC belts simultaneously. I just don't think a clean Brock beats DC.

6. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

game plan and execution.
    sounds like conor and might be a reason they're the only 2 to hold belts simultaneously.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It didn't look like that solid of a punch live, but the replays showed the insane amount of power DC generated in that tight space. DC had already hit him hard several times so Stipe was getting ripe -- DC really exposed Stipe and the HW division last night.

ryan_98 likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

It was totally staged.

body slam likes this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah I guess that’s still pretty low all things considered.

10. Coco Afable

Coco Afable Member

Could he beat DC without dope?

11. KingCheetah

[​IMG]

I think John would have serious problems with DC if he fought clean -- huge difference.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

DC wants to fight brock. Who isn't even that good and is pretty much unapologetic about his steroid use. And yes I think Jon Jones would beat DC without steroids.

13. Coco Afable

Coco Afable Member

Why wouldn't he want to fight Brock? Brock will give him a good payday. Remember when McGregor fought Mayweather? You are a Jon Jones fans if you think you JJ beats DC w/o dope.

14. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

[​IMG]
    :)

15. 713

713 Member

I give it to DC, this is the first fight I watch of his that he didn't use his fat ass to sit on his opponent for 30 minutes.

body slam likes this.
  16. body slam

body slam Member

I was thinking the same thing

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think he was, he just wasn't expecting it to be so hard.

Honestly when it comes to their fight, Brock Lesnar has no business winning given his health problems and age, but I'm kind of thinking he will.

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Nobody cares lol? That was crazy, I was rooting for Cody so we can get a 3rd. Cody always tries to finish too quick and pays again smh!!!!!

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I was rooting for TJ to shut Cody and Alpha Male up completely and finally. Tired of their petty gripes.
    2nd fight against Cody in which TJ extended his hands to touch gloves and Cody ignored him. Welp, TJ showed how he's the most complete fighter in the division.

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Yea I agree about the talking too much. I really do feel if Cody from the Cruz fight showed up calm and playing around he would of won both of those fights. He always tries to go for the kill and stops defending completely! Tj looked like he hit the same button on the controller 3 times in a row and connected everytime!