1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The TV Series Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 14, 2017.

?

How do you like your TV Series?

1. 22+ Episodes is a season to me!

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. 10~15 Episodes weekly

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. 10~15 Episodes to binge!

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  4. 2 hour movie barely holds my attention span!

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It seems the SEASON of any TV series is getting smaller and smaller
    I think the 22~30 episode season seems too long for most people now

So I am curious
    Do you prefer the 30 episodes or the 10
    Do you prefer weekly versus binge?

Rocket River

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most of the shows I like are around 10 episodes. Obviously because I like the shows, I'd wish they 30 episodes.

3. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I kind of like the binging fad that's become commonplace over the past few years. As long as it's scheduled responsibly, one can leisurely enjoy shows one likes with like-minded loved ones in your free time. As far as catching things when they come on, I guess appointment television has now been replaced with event television now so I'm much more selective w/ those shows. Shows like Thrones fit that category. Though I had to binge that to catch up.

In a little while, I get to be a book reader of a show w/ American Gods. I can't wait to be as negative and condescending to you show watchers as you RR Martin fanboys were to me. :)

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The biggest issue with binging is the guys that don't have a life and watch it all in one sitting
    then want to spoil it for everyone

I can enjoy spoiled TV Shows but i understand when some cannot

Rocket River

5. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

That's certainly a problem so I tend to stay away from people who haven't developed proper binging etiquette. There's always that coworker though.

Since I mentioned GoT, seems the bigger problem now is people with no lives scouring Iceland and...I don't know Twitter feeds, I guess? and facilitating the spread of spoilers for the new season on the internet before the damn season even starts.

I can deal with some minor spoilers here and there too if the show is done particularly well. Lately, I've been catching up on the Americans and I already know a few things about what's happened. But I imagine if someone told me what happened in the Breaking Bad finale before I watched that season I'd (insert a horrible thing that happened on that show to someone here). So far that's the best finale of drama that I've seen.

Rocket River likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Watching shows like THE FLASH
    They are struggling to make 22 episodes

Rocket River

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Finished Penny Dreadful. Stupid good show...

DreamShook likes this.
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I cant appreciate film as a medium as much as i should.

When it comes to spectator entertainment. I watch sports and thats it.

I pay a lot more attention to music and sometimes videogames. I just cant get lost in film. I usually feel bored and unattached to it.
    I did love me some star trek next generation though.

My vote goes towards binge watching and having a season as long as possible, like 30 episodes.

That gives me enough material to truly immerse myself in it. I hate weekly because it breaks my momentum. By the time that I feel like im finally attached, the episode ends. I need to binge watch or it breaks the illusion for me.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am the opposite. I need 2, favorably 3 hours of good entertainment to immerse myself in it.

Binge watching too much makes it feel like a drug that I cannot stop.

I do not feel too good afterwards as I would have done other things instead.

Rocket River and DudeWah like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

After Binging Ozarks . . . . I am now missing it until . .. . i dunno when and will probably forget alot of it
    Every year you have to refresh your memory

Meanwhile . . ..
    Weekly I have to constantly remind myself that the New Boba or Peacemaker is out now
    Usually its because some d**che is trying to spoil them

Rocket River

Invisible Fan likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It may stick in my brain for 2~3 days .. . . ..

I find myself looking for films
    because I am hesitant to invest 10~20 hours into a new show

Rocket River

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

20+ episode seasons typically seem to be too long to tell a coherent story without a lot of filler / nonsense unless it's a show like Seinfeld where that's basically the point. Past 12 episodes I typically start to get bored, but I really want the best story told in however many episodes /seasons make sense to do so. Lost comes to mind where they got to the point where they were stretching to keep it going in season 3 due to network demands and we got a lot of stupid / pointless storylines.

I'd rather have all episodes available to watch at whatever pace I feel like. I guess that counts as binging but there are times where I take a month to watch a 10 episode season of something.

Rocket River likes this.