1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The truth(s?) about Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by valorita, Mar 10, 2013.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not saying you're wrong, but you act like Lin is just 30x better than Nash, and that's silly.

The dude was right. Lin is in the 15-20 range of starting point guards, give or take a few spots. It's literally impossible to objectively. There's just better players out there right now.

2. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

lin is a rocket just because les wants him for the china business

3. vicykandy

vicykandy Member

You can tell the same lie a thousand times, But it never gets any more true

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Explain how this makes any sense...:rolleyes:

5. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

You're just seeing whatever your hate tells you to see. So, one game negates his 3 months of shooting 40% from 3? And our other players jumpers were money last game? His shooting last game was representative of how he shoots in your mind, right? So he could have a hot shooting game for the next 2 games, but if he has one cold shooting game, he sucks, right? Yup, pretty much.

And the he has no left thing, are you gonna repeat this same thing for the rest of his career whether or not he goes left all the time or not? And Harden goes right all the time, right? Lol. Dude has more pressure than almost anyone out there, it's almost inconceivable how much pressure and expectations he has on his shoulders at the ripe age of 24, in his first starting year, and coming off of knee injury and you're gonna dog him for this one game...

I expect you to zip it, if he plays well next game. Lol, who am I kidding, id bet the farm that even if hd had 20+/8 performances for every game remaining, after a week or so, it'd be erased from your memory and you'll start hating again bringing up only this last game. Lol, in fact, I know this will happen. It's like Groundhogs day. He could've shot 60% from 3 these last 3,4 months, you'd still see a bad shooter in your mind. He could go left all year long, you'll still never remember him going left,lol. No left?! That's pretty funny.

6. vicykandy

vicykandy Member

cuz Lin is not going to be traded when his first three year contract is up, so that guy was saying since Lin is the worst starting PG in the NBA, and whatever team he's in he'll never be the contending caliber PG, then that means Rockets with Lin has no hope. I wonder why he still watch any of the Rockets game, hmmm maybe he should find himself a new team to root for instead of hating.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Still haven't explained how that makes the Rockets "the worst team in NBA HAHAHHAA" :rolleyes:

Just spewing typical nonsense..:rolleyes:

8. vicykandy

vicykandy Member

Yeah w/e I said you are going to say "doesn't explain".

#Hatersgonnahate

9. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

I think after watching Lin this year I have come to the conclusion that he needs to be on a different team to achieve his ceiling. His strengths are driving to the rim and his passing, which he sometimes makes risky passes. The biggest thing the Rockets need (besides more defense) IMO a PG who can shoot jump shots at a higher clip than what Lin was doing (inconsistent). He needs the ball in his hands to be productive and that's not always the case as he has to play next to Harden. Anyway just my 2 cents.

10. RRockets

RRockets Member

Rockets need to have a Tyson Chandler type player to do PnR. You just cannot rely on shooting 3s.

11. platypus

platypus Member

This is my expression when i read this thread

[​IMG]

12. platypus

platypus Member

13. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

You are seriously overreacting to this past game. Just relax he'll play better tmrw

14. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Let's hope so because his #1 hater is back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-iSGbcJVp38?list=UU-_UDB1WRyudSW-lZ7unQKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Loooowwww........lol........

Filipinos4Islanders...........lol............the term 'LOF' is used there.........must have some connection with this forum.

Man how low has this forum gone? ~lol~ Wait, I can't distinguish hate from sarcasm, it's not possible. ARHHH~~~NO~~~

Love the SAS impersonation though, awesome. So this guy is a fan of SAS?

16. recboil

recboil Member

Great article from SB Nation on Lin's strengths/weaknessess for the playoffs.

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2013/4/24/4249456/jeremy-lin-linsanity-houston-rockets-playoffs

1 person likes this.
  17. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

It's tough to say, I saw "LOF" on realgm before I saw it here and I've been lurking here for years.

18. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Tremendous article and right on point... Everything said was spot on except the part of ignorance of why Lin is not aggressive.

When your coach calls you in public for being selfish after the team's biggest win against the number 1 team in the conference, scoring 29 points, hitting not one but two critical 3 pointers at the end of the game, and ONLY 2 TOs (not 9 like Mchale tells us).... Well when that happens, all of your aggressiveness comes with just a bit of doubt.

19. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

He's probably just a fan only because of the way SAS has talked about Lin.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Needed Lin in that 2nd half!