1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Team Owes Case Keenum One

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by yuisakata, Oct 21, 2013.

1. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Two things: We should have won the game 23-17, and THEN a perfect opportunity to showcase his comeback kid skills while at U of H.

2. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

And picked the worst possible game to start a de facto rookie QB

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It was now or never. If Kubiak had started Yates he would have unquestionably gone back to Schaub next game. I don't think any Keenum fans would have wanted that.

5. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

And with 1st RB out early in first quarter

6. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

And he revives Andre Johnson and much better utilizes the receivers than Schaub, which is HUGE

7. Raven

Raven Member

I doubt Keenum is complaining. He went into a tough stadium and played outstanding. You really couldn't hope for your rookie QB to play better/smarter football than Keenum did. It's just one game, just like preseason was just preseason, but - once again - he's given us no reason to believe that he's going to be anything less than a good QB and maybe even a very good QB, certainly no worse then Schaub at his best and probably a lot better than Schaub at his best.

Keenum Country!

1 person likes this.
  8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The team doesn't owe Case Keenum sh**

Last I checked no one drafted him and it was the Texans that gave him a chance.He is thanking his lucky stars that an undrafted 3rd string QB got a shot at leading a team loaded with weapons when a proven alternative was available.

I've been a UH fan for a long time, but the Texans played their hearts out and gave Case multiple opportunities to deliver. The truth is, he made mistakes but he also gave us a ton of hope with impressive playmaking ability.

Considering the circumstances, NO ONE should be complaining.

1 person likes this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I wanted to start a thread for this, but I don't think we need another one...

Keenum was outstanding. I think he played that game so much better than Schaub would have, that it's absurd. I think this is a huge sign of hope.

If you're the Texans, you HAVE to start Keenum from here on out. Schaub has all but been run out of town, and the season is over any ways. We will be lucky to go 9-7, which probably won't make the playoffs anyways. You have to start Keenum the rest of the way in order to determine what you have over these last 9 games. If you don't think Keenum is your future, then you draft a quarterback in the first round. If he is your future, you've gotta draft another MLB. Then, you sell Schaub to the highest bidder. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be very high considering what he is owed, and the QB heavy draft this year. I'm hopeful we can get a second round pick out of it.

If you're Gary Kubiak, you've got to be worried for your job. I know Bob McNair doesn't ever fire people, and I know I've been a big Kubiak supporter, but Christ this guy's got to go. Yes, he made a good decision in starting Keenum, but that whole third and fourth quarter when we needed one point goes to show that a lot of our troubles lately have been him and not Schaub. There were like three third downs in a row where it was third and long, and the Chiefs KNEW we were throwing the ball. You have an inexperienced quarterback out there, yet you refuse to put a blocking back out there to scan the backfield and pick up the first man in, giving your inexperienced quarterback a chance to throw the ball. Absolutely inexcusable. Just horrid. I can't get over that series of decisions, and it should cost the guy his job.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Critical drops in this game.

45 yard pass to Graham (TD)
    3 yard pass to Hopkins (TD)

If those two balls are caught, Case's statline becomes:

17/25 319 yards 3 TDs 0 INT

Texans win the game, too.

1 person likes this.
  11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

THIS. I've been thinking this exact thing all day, so had my dad. That early Graham catch SHOULD have been caught. That would have sealed it for us earlier in the game. The Hopkins catch SHOULD have been caught too, but I think it was pretty tough considering the angle he was at. But again, the Graham catch SHOULD have been caught. Ugh. Man. Man. Man. This one is going to hurt for sure knowing that we could have won the game by 2 TD scores! :(

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I got nothing but big time appreciation for how Keenum played his first game! Great job...the rest iof team needed to do their part

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If the first ball gets caught, we have no idea what Keenum's stat line would have been as the entire game would have changed.

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

After last night, I gained new hope for our future. Keenum was better than I thought.

In regards to the game, that throw to Hopkins was not good.

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i think the hopkins ball should have been backshoulder.. it would have been a much easier catch and still i think this is something that case will learn. weve heard about cases improvement in practice and he went out there and looked like a season vet. his inexperience showed late but i dont think there was a fan that didnt believe he would lead that 2 minute drive, it was tough they dropped 8 on that play and he still got sacked..

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Case looked like Russel Wilson at times. It was so much fun to watch.

17. The Law

The Law Member

Hopkins did everything he could to TRY and catch that poorly thrown ball. It was clearly a back shoulder play without the back shoulder throw. He adjusted in midair and the DB made a play.

18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agreed, Hopkins did well to get his hands on it. It should have been a back shoulder type of throw but other than that he still gave his receiver a chance to make a play and that is what matters. Hopkins probably comes down with that more times than not.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Case made plays that Schaub cant make...very excited to watch him for the rest of the season, even if we keep losing.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Obviously. But I think it's incredible that Case had basically the best performance any QB has had against the Chiefs defense this entire year, in Arrowhead, with his entire team falling apart around him.

Dude outplayed Romo, Vick, and Eli. I mean, that's nuts!