1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the nba

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Merlin, Feb 9, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Merlin

Merlin Member

anyone else extremely frustrated with the lack of enthusiasm by many of the recent allstars. Many allstars like kobe, gary, and otherse are just really pissing me off by not showing to media conferences and what i just read on rotonews that kobe is only playing in this all star game so he won't be suspended. It also frustrates me that many players see this game as pointless while guys like steve,elton,and lamar are just drooling over the possibilty of becoming an allstar. damn i need to go punch a wall, i'm just so damn pissed.

------------------

2. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

In all fairness to Kobe, his shoulder is really messed up. I think it sucks that Stern coerced Bryant into playing hurt.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

3. Merlin

Merlin Member

either way he also stated that he doesn'tcare ab the game and is only concentrating on the second half of the seaosn. but this brings me to my next point... maybe the all star game shud be moved to after the season like the pro bowl in football?

------------------

4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Merlin the Magician,

I used to get on people like you who start threads in the wrong forum. I had hoped that members had learned to put things in the proper place. Evidently you haven't learned that this thread belongs in the NBA Forum.

Don't let it happen again.

Mango

------------------
    Spring Cleaning!!!

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Or what are you going to do Mango? What is it with you neurotic posters? Why the hell do you care? I'd say that this thread has to do with the Rockets. He was talking about how players like Karl Malone get to go to the game, even though they hate it, and players like Steve (Rockets player last time I checked), who really want to play in the game, are snubbed. I think that has to do with the Rockets. Maybe you should read the post before jumping to conclusions.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

6. Mango

Pushing your luck.

Mango

------------------
    Spring Cleaning!!!

7. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Is Steve not a Rocket?

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

8. Mango

This Forum is about:

Rockets 2000: Game Action & Roster Moves
    That is what Clutch has titled it.
    Correct?

The thread is about All-Stars and future All-Stars. Nothing about Game Action or Roster Moves is to be found.

If I am wrong, then the Forum Title is wrong.

Mango

------------------
    Spring Cleaning!!!

9. Q8 Rocket

Q8 Rocket Member

what the hell are the devil doing ??

he shouldn't be in charge in the nba all this time

he has to come back to the hell where he appeared !!!

stern is just killing the young and talent players like steve and lamar

I don't find any reasonable explnations to keep malone there .

and what about vlade ??!!

I'm sure that he wouldn't expect to find himself in the all star linup !!

it's right to replace center by a center .. but is vlade the right choice ?? or he is just there because adelman is the coach ???

they better honor hakeem for his last season even if his numbers were below ZERO !!!!!

!!
    [​IMG]

------------------
    the biggest houston Rockets fan in Q8

[This message has been edited by Q8 Rocket (edited February 10, 2001).]

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Yes, but what about the Clyde Drexler and Barkley threads? They aren't about game action or roster moves. All I'm asking is for a consistent definition of what can go where. It was my understanding that anything that has to do with the Rockets goes in this forum. It seems that Steve being snubbed has to do with the Rockets, so I am confused. What can go where?

------------------

11. Mango

I just get tired of seeing repetitive threads and there have already been several about Francis getting snubbed.

CB4 and Drexler threads? They end up here because people go "retro" and nostalgic when comparing the current/future team against past rosters. They usually have enough Rocket stuff in them to pass the smell test. All-Star threads are pushing the boundaries and should go with the NBA Dish topics.

Yes, Steve is a Rocket and possibly got snubbed. Lets push on to other matters.

Mango

------------------
    Spring Cleaning!!!

12. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

True, true, there have been many Steve snub threads.

------------------

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ZRB, the fact remains that this is a NBA allstar thread. Just because Steve's name is mentioned once along with a bunch of other players in the same boat doesn't automatically make it a Rockets thread, or really even pertaining to a Rockets player.

If Steve's name had merely been deleted, the thread would have kept the exact same meaning. If that is the case, how can you argue that it is a thread about the Rockets or Rockets' players?

------------------
    "Of course, everything looks bad if you remember it!"
    Homer Simpson

14. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Okay, Okay! I give up. Point taken.

------------------

15. Band Geek Mobster

Lets be honest here, once steve, lamar, and elton go to 1 or 2 all-star games they're gonna be wanting to take a trip to hawaii during the break like all of the other all-stars too.

I mean if I was traveling all over the country like these guys do and I had a nagging injury, I'd want to rest it and relax for a few days too instead of going through the media crap and living in a hotel for a couple more days.

Plus I know it sounds stupid but it is possible to get injured during this game or during the festivities. Look at that running back from the Patriots, I think his name was Robert Edwards. He got hurt during a stupid beach volleyball game a couple years ago and he hasnt been back since.

I wouldn't be that bothered if they just got rid of the all-star game. Am I the only one that doesn't care about any of these stupid all-star games in any of these sports?

------------------

16. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Some of you need to get a life !
    take a chill pill or something .

Lets make this a "legal" thread ..

Question #1

Francis will go down in History as the 1st player in NBA history to ____________ (fill in the blank and try your psychic powers!)

Francis and Mobley will be terrorizing defenses for yrs to come.. what is going to be their nicname ? _______________

The rox guard oriented offense will win how many championships ? ____________________

Who will be the first one to score 50 in a game .. Mobley or Francis ?________________

What will be Francis highest scoring output in his career ? ________________ Mobley's ___

How many allstars will each have by the end of their career ? ________________

------------------
    If you are a positive thinking person but yet you listen to country music, isn't that odd?

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Lead all guards in 4 or more statistical categories consecutively for 4 or more years.

CATDOG.

Mobley

58, 67.

Francis - 12. CAT - 7

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

18. Merlin

Merlin Member

all you guys just need to stop whining... its not that big of a deal.. i didn't break no law. forgive me or i'll cast a spell on ur a$$es

------------------

19. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Mango is the BBS police. If its in the wrong forum, Mango will let you know. He serves a valuable, if sometimes annoying purpose -- There is a usually clear demarcation of what topics belong in what forum, and if these guidelines are not followed then what is the reason for having seperate forums at all?

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

20. Steve_Francis_rules

How on earth would cat score 67 points in one game?

------------------
    The whole world we travel with our thoughts,
    Finding nowhere anyone as precious as one's own self.
    Since each and every person is so precious to themselves
    Let the self-respecting harm no other being. -from the Samyutta Nikaya