1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Spurs, a trade deadline "winner"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rimbaud, Mar 7, 2005.

1. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Has anyone noticed that Nazr Mohammed, a really solid pick-up at the deadline, barely played in his first few games as a Spur. Chalk it up to not kowing the system and Pop wanting him to earn his time...but recently he hasn't even been playing limited minutes. In at least the last two games he has gotten DNP - Coach's Decision next to his name.

I don't understand. Anyone know anything? Is he hurt, is he dumb and can't understand Pop, is he Charlie Ward, pt. II and just sucks that bad?

2. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I don't know if anyone wrote that they were the absolute winner at the deadline, but trading Rose's contract for a pair of Keds would have been an accomplishment in itself.

He also has some groin issues. Bonnie Bernstein, thankfully, has no comment.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

:confused:

4. KellyDwyer

Bonnie Bernstein, at a Steeler playoff game back in 2002:

"Jerome Bettis' groin feels great!"

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I didnt know that "groin handling" was a duty of sideline reporters ;)

No wonder athletes are lining up for Bonnie's interviews. :p

6. KellyDwyer

This was also (I can't believe all the schlong jokes I'm making today, ah well ...) a few weeks after she finished interviewing Bears coach Dick Jauron right before halftime, and sent it back to the announcer booth with, "and back to you, Dick [Stockton]. Hey, two Dicks!"

7. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I think getting rid of Rose could do some negative things to their chemistry. What is Nazr's rep like around the league? At least Rose was considered a "good guy" and a LOT of people in SA were upset about him being dealt. It seems to me that the ONLY reason he got traded was because of his deal. If his contract were exactly the same as Nazr's, I'm not sure the deal would have gone down...and SA definitely wouldn't have given NY 2 draft picks to take him.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

:)