1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rubin Report (Dave Ruben)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by B@ffled, Jan 14, 2020.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

**** it's Dave Ruben....lol. Not the shaggy producer.

So my YouTube algorithm put me onto this video of Dave Ruben sitting down with a former CIA officer discussing things for about an hour. Among the topics were: Iran, Mainstream Media, Impeachment. You know, hot topics on the D&D. I assumed from the tone of the discussion that they were both right leaning propagandists and really didn't intend to watch the whole thing. Typically if there is something being discussed that I agree with, I shy away because I'm not getting anything out of it other than a personal re-assurance on how I feel about it (right or wrong).

The interview captivated me. The conversation seemed intelligent and the topics of course were relevant. They both mentioned, maybe twice during the episode that they both were gay, liberal democrats, which was a shock considering their stances. I did some googling on the two and yeah, they claim to be liberal democrats who are disenfranchised with current democratic party and mainstream media. So I wanted to post here to see if you guys have already debunked Rubin's premise that he is a liberal dem. who want his party to come back to center or did I waste my time on a Glenn Beck wannabe? I THINK the CIA guy (forget his name...I'm on my lunch break) has appeared on FOX and that's a red flag. I'm not sure about Rubin.

I found myself in agreement that:
    1. The Democratic Party appears to have shifted too far left
    2. The mainstream media is unabashedly biased and it's time the population revolts. Fox News included (emphasized actually).
    Do you guys on the left feel that way? OR if you secretly do will you not say so because to do so would mean to give an inch? I asked the 2nd part because I have several hard right friends who repeatedly say "you can't give in on anything".....like the tired gun control argument. I disagree with taking a hardline stance because I want to understand the other point view.