1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets terrible losses

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

How so?

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well before the Warriors game we weren't winning many games period due to sleepwalking through the first two months of the season. There certainly aren't many "we should have lost but won" games from that time period.

Also, the list above doesn't include much from earlier in the season either before the Cavs game.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I disagree only because there have been several "segments" to the season where major personnel moves have occurred, including the Melo/Bzdelik start, the Paul injury, the Rivers/Faried singings, and the Clint injury.

This hasnt been anything like a regular season flow where we have enough of a sample size to know what we're dealing with.

Yes that just adds to the inconsistency, but the silver lining is that there's still a new phase to come where we get to see the full current roster. (not that this will change our absolute bonehead decision making in the fourth quarter)

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that we aren't good enough, is that we lack the focus to pay attention to detail. Yeah, sometimes you are going to have shooting slumps, but when you are up that big you should be able to close out most games.

Lack of focus. Just a terrible year. I wish we would of won a championship last year, therefore, I really wouldn't care what's going on right now and still be riding a high.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

A roster in flux isn't a valid excuse to not play hard. The 14-15 team had even more injuries than this season and they worked their ass off. Sure they had a couple bad losses too but they competed much harder than this team despite guys shuffling in and out of the lineup.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah... so I have to take a second and question what we're even debating, lol

The Rockets have terrible losses. No doubt.

My entry into this thread was more to say (1) they also have SOME amazing wins, (2) terrible losses come with roster inconsistency and a crappy roster, and (3) it is what it is. We can't just say "hey, we'd be great without those!!". The absolutely ONLY thing one can point to, to say we'll no longer have those in the future is the return of Capela and add of [someone... probably House].

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You may very well be right, but we said similar things 2015-2016. Sometimes it's just not your year. I hope we can magically get everybody on the same page come April, but I just don't see any reason to believe that to be the case. We shall see.

I still like this team's ability when fully healthy, but what cannot be denied is the defense, regardless of who's in the lineup, has been just flat out bad. That is the main difference from last year's team, and I don't see how that changes.

bro2044 likes this.
  8. TannerAdams

TannerAdams Member

Yoooooo, People need to stop with this hindsight regret. ALL teams lose games they shouldnt. IT Happens to ALL teams... And so many games have 20+ point comebacks this year than ever before. Take off you Homer bandwagon glasses and accept the fact even the Warriors, Celtics, 76ers, And all other top teams lost some games they "shouldn't" have and even lost to some high point comeback.

steddinotayto likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Excellent stuff. Yeah, the Rockets record against poor teams is frustrating.

I WANT to believe that in these last 25 games, with 13 games against teams below .500, that the Rockets will reverse that trend somewhat AND still stay on their trend against teams above .500. Hoping for 50+ wins.

bro2044 likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Add another one to the list!

What an embarrassing season

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

But I thought when CP3+Cap+Harden healthy = 25-0 ? :oops:

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just another day at the office for the Rockets.

J Sizzle likes this.
  13. OpportunityCost

Dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, shoot.

arabrocket and Crashlanded19 like this.
  14. OpportunityCost

I cosign. Cant stand this style of play - boring and unimaginative. Harden dribbles forever and then will just hoist up hero-shot after hero-shot - we lost tonight but at least he got his 30 points. Maybe if this was the Harlem Globetrotters that style of play would be acceptable. Look at GS, so many off-the-ball screens to facilitate offense. When MJ played he got everyone involved consistently and the team was better off for it. Our offensive philosophy is so flawed, but unfortunately we continue down the ISO-mania, Moreyball insanity path. Also, where's the defense?

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Too much to ask of D’Antoni. He can’t comprehend in-game coaching.

tinman likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

How much are the refs being paid?

How much are the Rockets being paid to throw these games?

tinman and J Sizzle like this.
  17. Mr. Space City

D’Antoni can’t coach
    Team is too bought in on Moreyball
    Team is trash outside of harden, cp3, and capela

tinman likes this.
  18. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Enough. This team is a shame. Another incredible defeat. One more. Tilman, Morey and MDA are responsible for this absolute disaster. I think it's time for MDA to leave the organization. No franchise can keep a coach who loses in this way. What will be the excuse now?
    This team has a serious personality problem and has no leaders.
    I think we're coming to the end of Morey and MDA in the Rockets.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Blowing leads is our coach’s fault
    You call time out and change the strategy and stop the other team’s rhythm

J Sizzle likes this.
  20. JazzLakerHater

I knew this tram was troubled since game 1. You don’t lose a home opener by 20 points to an inferior team, and never even look interested in playing in that entire game. That game still bothers me.

J Sizzle likes this.