1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets should sit Martin several more games once he says he's healthy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OremLK, Mar 15, 2012.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

I have the feeling he has been playing dinged up the whole year with back and shoulder problems and that is part of why his production is down. He has a frail frame and this compressed season is really wearing him down. Giving him an extra week, week and a half to heal up could do wonders come playoff time.

I'm as happy about how Courtney Lee is playing as anyone, but we're going to need the whole team at its absolute best--including Martin--to have any chance at making some noise in the playoffs.

2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Is that why he was laughing on the bench?....to get through the pain???

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why would it be paining him when he is just sitting there?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Rockets are a better team playing Lee, Parsons and CBud as a three man wing rotation.

Kevin Martin is the odd man out, IMO.

DD

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

They need to get Martin going.... Hopefully he can get some rest and then maybe come back fresh and able to benefit from the fact that Camby should be effective doing some of the things the team used to be able to do in regards to the Adelman type of high post sets.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

lets just say the Rockets coaching staff will tell him to take his time to make sure he's 110% before he comes back.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think that is mainly because Martin has been playing badly from being dinged up plus worrying about the trade deadline. Now that the deadline has passed, get him healthy and I bet he's back to 20 points a game.

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Just referring to the lol on the bench moment he had on 1 of our blowouts while everyone else was not happy.

I agree with DD that we are a better team without him but personally I just want him out of here...yesterday...

He's wearing the uniform but Kevin Martin is not a Rocket to me.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

start lee let martin come off the bench

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't think he should sit out any unnecessarily. I think maybe he should come off the bench. With he and Scola in the starting line-up, the Rockets dam near have no defense. Either he or Scola needs to come off the bench.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Man, that is harsh. Gotta watch every facial expression guys or the fans will turn on you...

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Not necessarily. I'm sure the bridge has been semi-burned between him and the Rockets, in his mind. He didn't like being called and treated like an asset, and then Maury came out with the blocked trade which includes him. He may be 100% healthy one day, but I doubt he'll be playing with 100% effort for us anymore.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You know something is wrong when your supposed best paid player has to come up with excuses. We had that before and that diva got more talent.
    We shall learn from the mistakes and be a NO EXCUSE team.
    That is the philosophy of our coaching staff, play the players that wants to play bad and are hungry for wins no matter what.

15. plates300

plates300 Member

he would easily score against any bench player. only problem is his contract isn't something you have coming off the bench.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You don't even have to defend him....

It is obvious McHale does not plan with him over the next season.

Feigen said nobody wanted him through trades but Adelman would like to pick him up once he becomes a free agent.

Calvin Murphy said he checked out mentally.

He himself said.... wherever he will be, does not matter to him. Did not say he wanted to stay in HOUSTON at any cost.

Daryl tried to move him for Gasol.

What other use do we have for him? Give him some minutes during home games and that is about it. Do not play him during 4th quarters and as little as possible on road games.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

When did Feigen say nobody wanted him in trade and Adelman wants him only as a FA?

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Murph said he checked out mentally? Does that mean Martin saw a shrink and the shrink said he was OK? I'm so relieved!

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In his blog that posted before the deadline... literally what we thought.... his trade value is at a low point....
    We would get very little, low value for him.
    Nobody wanted him through trades giving us equal value, would be better put. But you get the idea. Adelman wants him but for cheap obviously or for nothing.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...proaching-rockets-still-seem-certain-to-deal/