1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets should never have an extended break

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alaskansnowman, Jan 4, 2000.

1. alaskansnowman

We get a bit of extra time before our next game against the Wizards, and we get blown out by them.

We get a whole lot of extra time before facing Seattle, and we lose to them.

The irony of the Seattle game(as is the case after nearly every game) is that we could have won this game, even without Kelvin Cato. There were a few possesions in crunch time that would have made things interesting. One particular possesion involved Matt Bullard shooting a pretty much wide open 3. The crowd was ready to explode, but unfortunately, he just missed the shot. Then later on down the game, Bryce Drew(who was shooting very well by the way), missed a completely wide open 3 pointer that would have cut the lead to 4 points. Even without these clutch plays, we could have won if we took care of the basketball. 19 turnovers! And I know at least 5 of them were just plain stupid. Mobley trying to make the fancy pass, Drew throwing it to Payton, Wizard throwing it away, my boy 2 sandwiches traveling.

Someone <strong>has</strong> to tell Thomas Hamilton to dribble the ball before he starts to make his move. ON nearly half of his post up plays, he gets called for traveling because he moves before dribbling. What the hell happened to Kenny Thomas's shot? He can't hit anything now. I thought he was real good midrange shooter. Now, he can't even make that. Rogers played real well, but he missed about 6 or 7 point bland shots. Usually they go in, but maybe this extended break period had something to do with him missing all those shots?

This goes to show how important Hakeem and Cato are to this team. If there was an area that just really sucked this game, aside from the turnovers, it was our rebounding. Vin Baker had about 18 rebounds. The sonics got countless rebounds, and not to mention layups. Man, it was just like the Clippers game, except we were the Clippers and the Sonics were us. Payton had a streak of 8 consecutive points in the crutial moment of the 4th quarter. If Cato was there, he definately would have at least changed Payton's shots.

Final Note: I just can't wait for hakeem to return. Him and Cato would be much better than Cato and Hamilton. Once Hamilton works on his moves/game, and gets into better shape, then he should get time. FRANCIS IS PLAYING JUST PLAIN SUPERB. Bullard/Drew had a good game. Cat was 2-14.

2. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

The Rockets always stink when coming off an extended vacation. Francis played good, but not in the fourth quarter. We really needed a real center today.

3. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

What's worse is Seattle doesn't even have a real center also. I thought we played well but I wanted a win tonight. I do want to say, alaskansnowman, that you make a good point about Kenny Thomas. He was hitting those shots earlier and now he's missing.