1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets Game Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CometsWin, Jan 3, 2013.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I went to my first game this year on Wednesday, friend visiting from out of town. Sat in section 126, pretty good view and the scoreboard is fantastic. Concessions are good, barely any lines. Parking was only $5.

The game experience itself is freaking horrible. The team is fun to watch but the way the games are managed and presented is just awful. Every possession of the game involves some kind of jingle or music. It's like every possession is a Jeopardy question and they play some stupid jingle until there's a shot then they start all over with another jingle or some song. The only time during the game when they're not playing some clapitty clap/ chant inducing music is during free throws. That stupid three the old fashioned way clip is freaking r****ded. Then there are the RPD which are fine unfortunately their RPD logo flashed on the big screen looks like an ad for a strip club. Then we have the half time show. What the hell was that? Some Bollywood dancers with their incredibly horrible music dancing for the half time show. They looked like something from a community center where they show up every Sunday for an hour to practice.

Clutch was great as usual. I don't know when the game experience became such crap. Every fan at the game isn't a 12 year old that needs constant stimulation to enjoy the game. I could barely have more than a 10 second conversation during the game because of all the stupid crap they do. I haven't been to a Rockets game in a while, well because they've sucked for so long, however I did go to a Celtics game in Boston last year and I dont remember it being so awful. Anyway, pretty frustrating experience.

Oh yeah, Austin Rivers sucks.

1 person likes this.
  2. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Someone is taking their frustration out.

Its okay bro.

There's always a next time.

She'll say yes next time.

Maybe.

:rolleyes:

3. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

P.S.

What do you mean by sucking?

Are you talking about the Hornets and the Bobcats level?

If so, we don't suck.

In the last three seasons we've been above .500.

Do we still suck?

I don't think so.

Four years ago we were in the playoffs.

So I don't think our team sucks "FOR SO LONG."

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hate the constant noise and music from the speaker system during the gamplay.

But that's the NBA for you.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

#BeWell friend...

6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

#NoIwilltakemaketalentto...ergh...Europe?

7. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

#NoIwilltakemytalentto...ergh...Europe?

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

BRING BACK DANCING BARRY!!!

9. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

I hate all the Euro crap they play! They need to play more hiphop!

10. platypus

platypus Member

You need to get off your high horse man. Going to the game in itself is an experience if you don't want to hear music stay at home and watch the rockets in your jammies.

I've been to plenty of games this season and I've taken many friends and every time we have a blast. I'm sure many fans on this board would love to attend their first tickets game and come away having a good time. Heck I've taken people who don't even know who our starting small forward is and they enjoyed the game experience.

Your complaints blow my mind man.

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

Every team does that cheesy ****. It really takes you out of the game.

12. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Are you there watch the game or watch everything else? Lol

When I go I only pay attention to what's going on in the game and join in on the occasional chants pushed by the announcers (our fans really need that push)

Think about this... With how quiet the freakin fans are in the Toyota center how boring would it be without some music to get you hyped and such.

1 person likes this.
  13. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Problem is, most of us can't do that

14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Haha, at least you didn't sit next to the red rowdies.

15. platypus

platypus Member

I have uverse and I don't get the games. However I do stream every game. Sure I hate the fact that I don't get to watch a HD broadcast on my TV but there's no way in hell I'm gonna switch to Comcast.

As far as I'm concerned watching on my laptop is worth it as long as I get to see my team play.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's much better than a spurs game, where you are in the middle of nowhere and it feels like you are going to park for a football game.

Every nba team plays crap music now. It's not like they play hip hop hurray anymore.

Here's my rockets game experience

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=229846

17. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I go to almost all the games. Nobody I know has ever complained about it. Maybe I'm just use to it. I'm pretty sure every NBA game they play similar that music during the possessions. The half time stuff always sucks.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

'I enjoyed clutch. Not every fan is a 12 year old..'

You contadicted the hell out of yourself.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah they really need to redo the music... the "deeee doooo deeee doooo... bang bang bangbangbang" chant really grates my nerves like nails on a chalk board.

20. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

You think that is bad...........

try going to a Sacramento Kings game. Absolutely awful