1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets Civil War

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by perfectweapons, Apr 28, 2014.

1. perfectweapons

I find it fascinating that Clutchfans has fought the entire season with each other over the value of Jeremy Lin. Either you think he is a good player and look past his turnovers and blown layups or you think he is terrible and is costing us the games. Game 2 He blew a layup instead of running clock. Then he made a fantastic hustle play to pass for the game winner. Tonight, in the most important moment for us to win this series he made the most ignorant play since Bill Buckner let the ball go between his legs in the World Series lol! It literally cost us the season. Tonight the Lin haters win because he proved them all right. You win Lin haters, you win. Now we have to find a stupid GM to take his poison pill contract and free us of Linsanity.

2. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Man...F**k Jeremy Lin

3. Beverine

Beverine Member

Why make threads like this right now? You are only making it worse

1 person likes this.
  4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm gonna try to restrain myself this evening. If I'm still pissed in the morning putting Lin on full blast!

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I wouldn't mind retaining Lin if we can resign him for considerably less money. He is a decent player he just isn't truly earning all that money we are investing in him.

6. perfectweapons

Because all of the smart basketball fans the realize Lin is completely out of control and over his head need some solace in the fact that at least they know what they are talking about. He simply is a liability on the court. As opposed to the Lin apologist that have no clue what is going on.

7. downbytheriver

Clueless fan over here

Even if we were paying him $8.99 an hour, do you really want the ball in his hands in the playoffs? Do you really want him shooting open jumpers and going 1-8 in the playoffs? He's been playing the game forever and still can't do basic stuff... that's not worth a roster spot. Casual fans....geez

8. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Tensions are high. I understand. If this team could have Jeremy Lin for 8.99 an hour than yes...I would sign him. He is still a decent young player who he shown sparks of lighting it up. He's cooperative, good team attitude, and again, has shown he's capable of playing in this league. I don't want him starting but I would still sign him for cheap.

...Ass hole

9. perfectweapons

Lin totally represents the casual fan base. His problem is he is out of control. He tries to do things on the court that he is not capable of. Every time he is in a big situation he gets exposed. He is only good when he plays lazy regular season basketball. He looked scared tonight. We don't need fear, we need Tory Daniels getting his spot.

10. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Yes, Troy's twin brother Tory Daniels should be brought in to take Lin's spot!

11. perfectweapons

Tory is his sister. She is better than Lin too.

12. albuster

albuster Member

Folks, was Lin the only player for the Rockets tonight? Was he the only culprit in the whole loss? At the rate people in this board are tearing up Lin it seems like he was the only one who played for the Rockets and lost the game all by himself. And yet, there is so much condemnation of Sterling for his so called racist statement. The racism is so obvious against Lin in this board is so flagrant that the anti Sterling comments pale in comparison. This anti Lin rage is much worse than Sterling's so called racist rants. Posters here should be totally ashamed of themselves for being the worst hypocrites.

1 person likes this.
  13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

not being racist. all he had to do was call a timeout not dribble on the offensive side of Portland and try to run up court

14. perfectweapons

Even bringing that up is classless. Its got nothing to do with race. Its got to do with costing your team an entire series because you want to dribble through the entire Blazers D at the most crucial point of the game. All he had to do was pick the ball up? My favorite Rocket of all-time was Yao Ming. He played smart, he played with his heart, and he didn't play outside of the team structure. Lin could be blue from head to toe and he would still suck.

15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

what does racism have to do with people being mad about Lin generally playing godawful boneheaded basketball? Anyone of any race could do that, it just happens to usually be Lin. Oh and his play cost us the game pretty much. and probably the series because it was so deflating. Thats not racism. He's an overrated but talented basketball player that is overpaid, makes really bad bad bad plays/decisions most of the time, and SOMETIMES makes up for it after the fact. Sometimes... but not most, especially not this season.

He was bad last playoffs. He was "eh" this year, and he's been awkwardly bad these playoffs mostly.

and yes, there are a few idiots saying "Rin" and making stupid comments that are racist, but whats sad is their criticism of his bball play is STILL right. They're just idiots for bringing any race into at all. For the most part though, thats not the case from almost everyone complaining about him.

16. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Doesn't matter.

When Lin leaves, (which he will, so will Omer and possibly Parsons), Clutchfans will just find someone else to hate.
    Probably Casspi, he's pretty ethnic, right? ;) :grin:

17. coffeelover665

1-3? #Ibelieve

18. perfectweapons

That's true, but whoever it is will probably suck like Lin

19. ryoriman

ryoriman Member

hello everyone

im pretty much a LIN fan (aldho sometime i hate seeing LIn turning balls over/ missing jumpers..etc) - he is inconsistent. but why do clutfan hate LIN so much? is it the skin color? com'on, he is part of the Rednation, I even saw some riots posting things like: " i'm gonna boo him in game 5, even with posters". how SAD.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Those of you who attribute the hate to racism don't understand that a fanbase needs a whipping boy (deserved or not).