1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"The Rockets and the Warriors are head and shoulders above every other team in the Western Conferenc

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 15, 2018.

?

Is this proof that Tilman is the new owner instead of Les?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I think Tillman did inherit a great team, I would go as far to say he inherited a team with more talent on it compared to when Les bought the team back in 93. I would give a ton of credit to Les & Tad Brown that they were able to find a buyer in Tillman who wanted the team to succeed and win big first and foremost over as a revenue stream and a way to prop up his other business ventures (Landry's/Golden Nugget). My biggest worry with the new owner was that they would not keep investing/give Morey & Co the financial freedom to make the team elite. Despite what people may think Les was a great owner and spent money when it needed to be spent to make this team competitive and elite again. So far Tillman has shown he is continuing that tradition and possibly even willing to go beyond what Les did to push this team into title contention.

I will say if the Rockets somehow go back to back again after the team was sold Tillman better sell the team again in the summer of 2019!!

tinman likes this.
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

@tinman always contradicts himself and backtracks. it's nothing new! :D

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He was on ESPN radio out here in LA earlier this week and said the same thing. Also said the Rockets "aren't going anywhere for years".

Dat mafia money must pay nice.

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Exactly what I was saying... most of the ground work was laid when Les owned the team anyways... But i dont think they had anything to do with it anyways.

BigMaloe and tinman like this.
  5. ballscientist1

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. AXG

AXG Member

Everybody keeps talking about Thunder being dangerous but they are closer to the 8th seed than the 3rd.

Tfor3 and D-rock like this.
  8. ballscientist1

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

That’s the same oddsshark that had the Rockets underdogs in each game vs the Warriors this season.
    Oct 17th...Rockets +9.5 underdogs vs Warriors. Rockets Win
    Jan 4th.....Rockets +4.5 underdogs vs Warriors. Warriors Win
    Jan 20th....Rockets +2.5 underdogs vs Warriors. Rockets Win

Guess if you say the Warriors will win enough.....they eventually will win.

https://www.oddsshark.com/stats/gamelog/basketball/nba/20740

D-rock likes this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

IMO, for us to beat the Warriors, we have to do it in under 6 games. Past game 5, our chances of winning decreases sharply with each game IMO. In a short series, the one ball per possession argument is very much in our favor. In a long series though, the 4 all-stars argument provides for much more long term consistency. I feel we are a deeper team, but it is undeniable that Curry, Klay, KD, and Green collectively are more talented and have more firepower than Harden, CP3, and Ego.

11. aroundtheblock2

Charles actually made a good point on his "Michael Jordan Theory". Its been awhile since he said such an enlightening thing.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

D-rock and smp like this.
  13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I tell you what, if we win the next two championships, I'm going to demand the Rockets be sold at least every 5 years.

hakeem94, tinman and D-rock like this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I like your thought process.

Both teams will get down to the nuts and bolts during playoffs. Guys like Looney, McCaw, Casspi probably
    won’t get much playing time vs the Rockets. I can explain why later. Warriors will still have 9 guys that
    can contribute while Houston can sport 12 guys that can contribute (w/additions of Wright and JJ) and the
    team will not skip a beat.

Warriors on offense like to set up a mismatch. In the playoffs they will try to exploit the mismatch at a much
    greater rate. The only mismatch I see is CP3 defending the post. The other was Nene guarding a guard
    on the perimeter. With Brandan Wright, the Rockets wont have to play Nene so much in that series.

Rockets are an experienced bunch with Ariza, Tucker, Luc MaM, Wright. Focus on defending the 3’s
    and eliminate cutter action/points. The Rockets will be able to mix it up and on some plays help CP3
    and on other plays live with the points Livingston, West, Durant get while posting up CP3.

Rockets are not the same team as last year. This Rockets team would destroy last years Rockets team.
    People will learn not to compare them to last years team that lost to San Antonio. Or the Rockets
    Ateams that lost to the Warriors in years past. Warriors would take all of the missed baskets and
    run it down the Rockets throats. This team has more of a mid-range game to fall back on. In the
    past you just had to run the Rockets off the 3-point line and then meet them at the rim. Warriors are
    defending the area I called their soft spot a month ago (area near the FT line); but they are still vulnerable .

It will be a great series as both teams bring their playoff A-games. Just a matter of both teams getting there
    and being healthy.

15. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

They play to their competition. Them not having Roberson is huge. Him and George on the floor was a lethal defensive combination.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's not Le$...who stole the Rockets championships from Charlie Thomas in his first year as owner!

Wait wut?

BigMaloe likes this.