1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THE ROCKETS 2000 - 2001 LINEUP questions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperS32, Aug 28, 2000.

1. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

Here is how things look right now:

C Dream , Cato
    PF Mo T. , Collier, KT, Pig Miller,Carlos Rogers
    SF Walt , Langhi, Bullard,
    SG Shandon, Cat
    PG Francis, Moochie, Drew

I think our lineup is way too crowded at PF. I think the Rockets need to trade KT, Drew, and Rogers. They could package these guys along with a pick for a higher pick in next yr's draft or something. Either way, i think KT,Drew,and Carlos need to go. We could get a lot for these guys although i hate to see KT go. I just think Collier will turn into a better player then KT.

------------------
    "There are two rules for success... 1) Never tell everything you know."

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Drew will likely be traded. Miller will probably not be re-signed. Rogers will still be here because he has little trade value.

Kenny Thomas won't get traded unless a really amazing offer comes along.

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Is this the last year on Drew's contract?

------------------
    Don't you have anything better to do?

4. vince

vince Member

SuperS34, I don't disagree with you.

But, I say these guys all have pretty decent games. I would not move these guys just to move them, except Drew.

However I do concur, the Rockets should use some of their players to improve the overall form of the team. But I would not hesitate to move certain players to improve certain positions of weakness.

------------------
    The guns are cocked and the soldiers are in place, it's time to march and let the battles decide the war.

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

We must get rid of Walt and Drew and package them and maybe Rodgers or Mooch to the 76ers for George Lynch then we would be set.

Time to get rid of the excess baggage and that's Walt and Drew.

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Walt has a large salary next season - that's about the only real reason to trade him. If we send him away then we need to get someone who fits the team (ie a SF who strokes it from outside!)

As for our PF spot:

PF Maurice Taylor/ Kenny Thomas/ Carlos Rogers

That's not really THAT packed

Collier will probably play mostly Center this season.
    Bullard will spend some minutes at PF when injuries kick in.
    Pig Miller isn't on the roster.

------------------

7. #1rocketsfan

#1rocketsfan Contributing Member

Good idea smeggy smeg

------------------

8. RENDIGGLER3:20

I totally agree with everything Jeff said.The only way Drew is on this team when preseason starts is if we cant find a deal for him.KT is going no where and niether is Rogers unless someone demands him in a trade involving Drew.Does anyone know the chances of Washington making the team or his he even being considered after the signing of Mo.

------------------

9. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Just curious...why do you feel this way?

Anyways, I agree with DrNuegebauer...the PF spot isn't as crowded as you think. Collier will probably split his few minutes of playing time between PF and C (mostly at C). It's doubtful that Rogers will get a whole lot of minutes, unless an injury occurs to Taylor or KT. Basically the majority of the minutes at PF will go to Mo and KT, with Rogers and co. filling in the rest. Sounds alright to me. There's no need to trade either Kenny Thomas or Carlos Rogers for the sole purpose of decreasing the depth at PF. It's not too crowded, and in fact I quite like the depth the Rockets have at that position.

------------------