1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Ringer) Rockets seriously interested in Robert Covington trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 10, 2019.

1. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Need an actual PF more than Covington

Little Bit, Relativist and hakeem94 like this.
  2. meh

meh Contributing Member

I feel like the more realistic version would be Jae Crowder. Would only take Nene, Chandler, and Green's contracts to match and probably can do something like trade our 1st for their 2nd or something. Covington feels way too good for the Rockets to be able to get given their salaries and pick situation.

Lurch and amaru like this.
  3. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Morey has struck out on almost every single player the Rockets have had serious interest in. So, no one should take this seriously.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Forget about Covington! :cool:

Silver is going to veto whatever Morley tries...

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I knew Robert Covington was going to be a very good player when he was on the Rockets. I still am angry at Daryl of why he released Robert Covington over Francisco Garcia especially when Francisco was really old and cant guard or shoot. Oh right he was Dwights friend that is why he is on the team.

Crashlanded19, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Isn't the point of that meme that you have to pick one? Not have the whole machine explode into flames while giving you the finger, and laughing that, "You'll get nothing, and like it!"

Yes, Ringer, the Rockets are interested in Robert Covington. No Ringer, the Wolves don't want anything we have, and IIRC, they were waiting to trade Covington to the Warriors anyway, for D'Angelo.

hakeem94, BaselineFade and Jontro like this.
  7. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Thought Clark was known for his defense in college? Hasn't translated all that well up here (but see that Play Gary Clark tweet about his DRating on and off in the SAC game). Not that we know much of anything about his play, given MDA's unwillingness to play newbies.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

They might have to give up house if they try to get Covington. Maybe EG? Dunno
    I don’t analyze trades and salaries that closely. But prob one of those guys will be included in a deal I’m assuming.

9. Nook

Nook Member

It could be a multi team deal or they can easily slide KAT to the 4.

I don’t think it would happen. I am only saying I know the Rockets entertained it once upon a time and I personally would do it. However I also think Nerlens Noel can do 80% of what Capela does. Adding Covington would also likely mean less minutes at center for a traditional center.

I have more confidence in Covington defending players like Anthony Davis and KAT anyway.

jcmoon, JoeBarelyCares and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

If you trade Capela, you have to have a second move lined up. For example Noel or Cauley or perhaps you bite the bullet and pay a lot for Holmes.

It isn’t that Capela is bad, he is good. It is more that you can possibly be better off with Covington and Noel than with Capela.

D-rock, vlaurelio, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thank you, what was I thinking?
    actually i knew it doesnt make sense but it i couldnt resist playing around or perhaps it was a lazy thinking on my part

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If we give up CC then we're just filling one hole by creating another...

and 3yrs of 26yo House starting at 3.5M vs 4 years of 28yo RoCo starting at 11.3M... I think House is the better overall value for the 3-4 years, but would consider an even swap to maximize the current window - but I aint gonna gut a quarter of my roster or give up other assets to make it happen...

Blurr#7 and lionaire like this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Fk U, Double standard.
    IMO,
    chance to get Covington = 0% —— $37 mil remaining
    Chance to get Love = 0%
    Chance to get Beasley from Nugs = 5%
    Chance to get Other low cost players = 95%

Capela is a better player than Covington.

15. rockets13champs

I think CC is too valuable to trade away. Legit he’s key in our rebounding points in the paint

kjayp likes this.
  16. raining threes

^^^^
    This

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Bertans gonna be impossible to get unless we way overpay. His stock is at an all-time high right now, especially after tonight's game.

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Aaron Gordon for Clint Capela, the salaries match.

I want my $80 million playing in the 4th Quarter thats a huge readon for those Collapses. Clint cant shoot Free Throws or has any post game.

D.J Augustine as PG can help this team with his 3 pt shooting and some length at PG compared to Clemons.

The Magic have some players that can fit on our team.

Nikola Vucecic can shoot 3s at Center and can rebound.

hakeem94 and Blurr#7 like this.
  19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I don’t mind if they give up Capela as long as they can find a guy like Allen from the Nets

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

They not getting any starter type players.