1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Ringer) Rockets interested in JR Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 7, 2018.

1. TheSource

TheSource Member

I hope we don't trade knight especially if Gordon is going to start now. I feel like knight can fill that gordon role better than what JR can

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Either JR helps us get back on the right track, or he helps us get closer to Zion. Make it happen, Morey.

4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I feel like the Rockets have entered the Twilight Zone and they're dragging us with them--NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

BaselineFade and MarioKissoDeath like this.
  5. conquistador#11

Don't do it, Morley!
    unless you want to trust a certain process, if you know what I mean. Oh, you know what I mean.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

JR Smith is a ****ing scumbag. Caught up with underage girls. Wasn't he served with a lawsuit here in TC a few years ago.

**** JR Smith id rather keep losing with decent human beings.

dragonwill likes this.
  7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Why, in the world, would we, trade any asset, or pick, for a player, who has requested a trade, multiple times now, and is sitting on his couch, away from the team...

A straight swap of knight for JR is what I see happening if it were to happen.

And that, would, be an upgrade.

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

meh.. he's not a bad dude. there was that whole segment on espn where jr was playing golf with a kid with disabilities in new york and helping the kid out when no one was willing to talk to him.
    but yea, social media just loves to take a **** on jr smith.

and if we're looking at it that way, adam silver's little golden child, steph curry - he was sleeping around with any IG model he could get his hands on when his wife was pregnant. not like he's any better

in terms of basketball, jr smith doesn't move the needle obviously... but at least his contract next season is only partially guaranteed for $3m but with $14m value - so for the sake of being flexible and using it as a trade chip.. i'd think that would be pretty valuable.

if morey pulls this off, i'd actually be happy - you went from two nearly immovable assets in ryno and b.knight to one that can actually be moved.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

wooah, source?

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Is this true?

HP3 likes this.
  11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Posted same. That’s really funny.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Haha, we both gotta know if that dude cheated(most likely its a bogus soucre haha).

#112 HP3, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

https://deadspin.com/5986076/ladies-jr-smiths-twitter-come-on-will-have-you-sopping-wet

If you can do it do it right? He would fit right in with James and the strip club clique. Probably get in trouble over some dumb ****.

All rich dudes have "foundations" .. it was cool he was befriending that kid and all don't get me wrong, but I'm not a fan of the guy.

14. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

BaselineFade and eman like this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yup, it's a downgrade. Corey Brewer is no upgrade either, but he is a harder worker and knows the system.
    I'm not advocating for him either.
    I hope Cod wasn't referring to J.R. as a target.

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

It's kind of a known secret.

HP3 and clutchdabear like this.
  17. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

sometime early last year... but his personal messages with those IG models leaked not surprisingly. chats were just steph asking them to meet him at this and this location.

there's been stories out there. when i was in boston, a vip taxi driver was saying how he once drove steph curry and his buddies around for a bachelor party. and he was saying how steph went way overboard and that he's not who you think he is. steph was married at that time, and everyone made him out to be some sort of angel born from jesus.

it's kinda like tiger woods or alex rodriguez... athletes who try to paint themselves as picture-perfect instead of just showing themselves as a normal human being. i'd rather see athletes who have faults and make mistakes and be themselves instead of being so self-absorbed by their "clean" image.

Vivi, HP3, BigShasta and 1 other person like this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I’m a little confused by this response.

Or you for or against the acquisition of JR Smith? And this time, get to the point.

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  19. blackistan

blackistan Member

Looks like we're in full desperation mode

20. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I’m fine with trading for JR Smith. I don’t want to give up a first rounder especially with the kind of year we are having now. There is no reason to give that pick up. If we do, then I think it’s time for Morey to go.

I think our best bet would be to move EG at this point for some depth or possibly even Kevin Love or Otto Porter. Love would cover up some of our rebounding issues and Porter would help out with the defense and his length. Could go either way with them.

I’ve also heard James Johnson, Markieff Morris, Demarre Carroll, Jeff Green, Bobby Portis, and Justin Holiday’s names mentioned in trades as well. Robin Lopez too. Also heard the Magic are trying to move Vucevic and are willing to listen to offers for Simmons and/or Ross.