1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Right to Know?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

As I follow the Charlie Sheen issue I have to wonder

Where does his right to privacy end and the other person's right to know start?

Considering he using Condoms and Precautions - Has a reasonable expectation that he will not infect any one - Does he have an obligation [legal or otherwise] to inform them of his status?

This issue extends beyond that particular situation

I wonder the same thing with the Transgender community.
    Where does their obligation to divulge their former gender come into play?
    Or Does it ever?
    Once they are 'reassigned' is their a legal obligation to inform their future lovers/spouse?

I feel there are moral obligations but I think the legal obligations on informing people of various 'issues'/'situations' is very foggy.

Rocket River

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Not a lawyer but it seems the answer to every one of your scenarios is easily no, no obligation to disclose.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

HIV, yes you should tell someone legally and morally.

Transgender, no ones business unless in a relationship. Then I think there's a moral obligation.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Transgender? No legal obligation.

Diseases? Yes there is a legal obligation.