1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Results of Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Rubio

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Oct 17, 2013.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Here is an interesting analysis from a conservative publication. At least Ted Cruz has finally accomplished something for Texans and Americans besides self aggrandizement.
    The results of the approach first championed by Senators Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Rand Paul and Marco Rubio, and embraced by a significant number of House Republicans, resulted in
    (a) no substantive changes to the Affordable Care Act;
    (b) an increase in its popularity;
    (c) diverting attention away from the epically incompetent roll out of the new health care exchanges;
    (d) the GOP’s popularity dropping to the lowest point for either party since Gallup began asking the question in 1992;
    (e) more than washing away the gains Republicans had made on the issues over the course of this year;
    (f) reviving the Obama presidency, which until the shutdown was drifting and suffering a terrible year; and
    (g) set back GOP prospects in the 2014 mid-term elections.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/

2. Major

Major Member

Don't forget that they cost the US 0.6% GDP growth to accomplish nothing. That's real jobs and real lives that they negatively affected for their own personal benefit.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yep, it was a disaster. I am fully committed to voting democrat for Senator when Cruz is up if he is still on the ticket. A Texas Democrat is better than a Cruz Republican.

1 person likes this.
  4. glynch

That is true. S& P estimate that loss at at least $26 billion per a new story I saw.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Didn't go with either Cruz or Sadler last year but it's almost a lock I will vote for whatever candidate the Dems nominate against Cruz next time.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Team justtxyank. Cruz is just another embarrassment Texas has rolled out into politics.

7. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Cruz is Joe McCarthy part 2. He's just another loser who used his position as a senator to magnify his profile at the expense of the country. Eventually Senators started boycotting McCarthy when he made speeches (he routinely gave speeches to empty chambers by the end of his term)

It would be nice to see the same thing happen to Cruz. But I have little faith that the Republicans could abandon Cruz like they abandoned McCarthy.

8. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I think the plan was to blame Obama for costing the U.S. $26 billion by not negotiating. This plan completely whimpered.

In February, Obama should be able to hand them a spanking by being even tougher on the negotiations. There's just no way the country would try to AGAIN swallow the load of crap the repubs pulled off.

9. Raven

Raven Member

The GOP didn't shoot themselves in their foot, they sawed their whole damn leg off.

;)

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Cruz calls for the destruction of the republican party.

Cruz Wants Conservatives To Hold GOPers 'Accountable' For Opposing Defunding Effort

In remarks likely to deepen his rift with members of his own party, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) said he wants conservatives to hold Senate Republicans "accountable" for opposing the ill-fated effort to defund the Affordable Care Act.

“As with every decision elected officials make, the consequences of those decisions are up to the American people,” Cruz said. “But I will say this: from day one in office, I’ve urged the American people to hold every elected official accountable, and far too many elected officials are not listening to the American people… when you’ve got 10 to 20 Senate Republicans going on television, day after day after day, saying, ‘we cannot win, this is a fool’s errand, we will lose, nothing will happen, we will surrender,’ and blaming Republicans every step of the way, it eliminates the ability to get a positive outcome."

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The more he talks, the more he pushes himself and people of his ilk closer to the fringes. A GOP civil war would be great for this country.

12. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

It is time for the sane to take back the GOP. The Tea Party movement taking control of the GOP has the same results as if the Green Party had seized control of the Democratic Party in the 90s. It's a disaster.

13. glynch

Had to laugh (sort of). On sunday I was passed by a large black suburban. It had a Rice U sticker on it and also a Ted Cruz for President bumper sticker

I though it might be lil T or perhaps the Indian guy who claims to have gone to Rice and have a mother who is a doctor.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm pretty sure bigtexxx doesn't have a black vehicle. He doesn't particularly like that color too much.

2 people like this.
  15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'm giggling that you think I would drive a suburban. Do you think I'm poverty?

I recently purchased a new luxury SUV (German made). No bumper stickers of any kind.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Congratulations on your new Jetta Sportwagen Texxxxx!

[​IMG]

GO GO GO TEX RACER! DAS AUTO!

17. bigtexxx

I said LUXURY

VW is not luxury.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Normally not, but as we all know, you are too modest to mention that you went for the TDI model with sunroof & nav, 2.0 liter 140 HP engine, Rear hatch spoiler, monster floor mats, and the optional kayak holder up top.

BEEP BEEP

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

For reference for those following this exchange.

[​IMG]

20. bigtexxx

Sam it's obvious you're green with envy. Although I'm sure you find your Razor scooter the perfect transportation enabler as you zip hither and yon on the sidewalks of Chelsea.

[​IMG]