1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Refs are great at..........

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket Freak, May 31, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Makeup Calls.

They are only human and will make mistakes. Sometimes when a guy makes a terrible call the other refs know it. So, one guy has a terrible foul on Wallace and the next two times down the floor the Fakers get called for travelling and three seconds.

Everyone knows about the "big market" conspiracy - NBA, NBC. It is obvious now how Costas and Collins try to point out bogus calls now when before they didn't question it.

It's like Costas is totally trying to deflect attention for the Faker fettish to the refs and off of NBC.

You can't fool us.

------------------

2. Bobby

Bobby Member

You think the officiating is bad in the LA-Portland series? It's even worse in the East. There have been more phantom fouls on Smits and the other Pacers than I thought possible.

Maybe there really is something to this conspiracy think about LA and NY? Portand versus Indiana would give the NBC execs areal bad case of heartburn.

------------------
    "Who Wants To Be A Rocket?" - and probably a millionaire as well. The off-season will be interesting!

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Didn't one of the announcers say there is no continuation allowed to be called anymore?

Since when did this happen?

I must have missed something.

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!

[This message has been edited by RocketsPimp (edited May 31, 2000).]

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He didn't mean there was no continuation period. He was saying that there was no continuation anymore if you took a step after being fouled or something.

------------------
    Come back Popeye!!!

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Cat -- that's the definition of continuation. I myself was unaware they had done away with it.

------------------
    "Yes, I came from the 80s...but I didn't kill anybody. Give me a break."

-Mike Tramp, former lead singer of White Lion

6. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

You have to remember who said this ..... the biggest idiot on the planet, Bill Walton.

I haven't heard about the NBA doing away with continuation.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

7. The Cat

Guys there is still continuation. Maybe it's two steps, but I've watched all year. There is continuation, but you can't do like Kobe did and take several steps after being fouled.

------------------
    Come back Popeye!!!

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

DREAMer -- either Costas or Collins said it last night, I heard it. I was a little curious myself, since I hadn't heard that yet.

------------------
    "Yes, I came from the 80s...but I didn't kill anybody. Give me a break."

-Mike Tramp, former lead singer of White Lion

9. The Cat

I agree, but the possession right after the bs foul on Wallace was another terrible call where they gave Kobe the continuation about 10 seconds and 2 steps after he was originally fouled. By then, I was screaming and basically kicking over everything in my house. I have little doubt in my mind now that there is a huge conspiracy. You can't really consider the traveling and 3 second calls to be makeup calls in my mind simply because they weren't questionable. Both were obvious. They sure as hell never made up for the two blatantly obvious calls they missed. Still, after all of that, one thing matters- the final score. Blazers in seven!!

------------------