1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The refs are gonna screw the rockets on the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RetroRockets, Mar 26, 2019.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Lol yeah it was definitely strange defense but it worked.

2. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Given the usual trope is the referees swallow their whistles in the playoffs, did this game look to you guys like an example of that, or even if you looked at this game like it was a playoff game, were the referees unusually not calling any fouls? Because while the Rockets only had 7 FTA, I think the Bucks only had something like 11 or 12.

Just curious what you all think.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They weren't calling many fouls for either team.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They were making a concentrated effort to not call many fouls for either team.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Harden absolutely got screwed last night

There were at least 5 drives where he received HEAVY contact and not a single whistle

Then he got fouled on at least 2-3 more 3 point attempts

I don't know what James can do

But it's not on him ... it's on MDA

James has got to focus on the game , MDA has to broker with the refs to get a fair game

To me , the counter-move is pretty simple .

Put in nene and show the refs if they are gonna call ticky-tack fouls for MIL and let harden get murdered ..... that there will be a consequence .... namely that nene is gonna foul the **** out of someone on MIL

We have to escalate , because these refs have no shame .... if we sit there and take it , they will keep ****ing us

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Calling someone a loser (l-o-s-e-r) and misspelling the word negates the impact. Or, as Obi-Wan would say, "Who is the bigger loser, the loser or the loser with an extra 'o'?"

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

In the words of AJ Hinch, "There is technology that can help"

adw likes this.
  8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Either Tillman man up and pay whoever in charge of all these rigging or we will never ever win a championship.

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

That's exactly how I feel..foul the **** out of them, if they aren't calling anything for us. The refs will receive even more backlash for not allowing the game to flow. Call the game even before someone gets hurt.

slothy420 and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Thats how Melee's get started but it seems that's what they are forcing the Rox to do

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

pringles cannot do jack. how many times have we already seen the same show now, it's no longer just coincidence or that the refs this night didn't feel like blowing their whistles or just a very strange night. it's silver.

very obviously it benefits MIL far more to "let them play". and even with that, they still shot basically twice as many FTs as we did.

we had a lot of stupid careless turnovers and a lot of our guys couldn't hit wide open shots, but let's not delude ourselves, the league office absolutely did not want harden going off this game.

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

aka The Memorial Day Screwjob

13. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

the bucks are the defensive minded team, so not calling fouls will obviously favor them. the refs just did what they were ordered to do

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

classic rigged tactics:
    1.Let's opposing team rough up players while other team gets called for ticky tacky fouls.
    2. driving contact is allowed.
    3.best players are in foul trouble early.
    4. players driving commiting charging fouls but not being called.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

Harden did 3 of those typical I got nowhere to go / try to get an AND1 throw my hands up and or yell and or head snaps and I’m happy they didn’t call them.

They were minor bumps it slaps if that, but Harden gets away with those too. Those will not be called in the playoffs and it’s time Harden understood this.

Also how any Rockets fan doesn’t understand that’s why refs, players and fans don’t like him is still a mystery to me. You can be a fan and acknowledge this is not a good look, detrimental to the team since it’s 5-on-4 and makes you a target.

Harden is not the only one, but it is damn annoying.

16. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

Lol the refs stole a championship from the city of Houston last year. And u are blaming the beard. The Sacramento kings never recovered after 2002. It’s amazing and shows that harden loves the game of basketball this much that he continues to play hard every night. If what happened to harden and the rockets happened to any other superstar and with our understandable hangover to start the year, most would have packed it up and tanked the season figuring WHATS THE POINT

Rocket River likes this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Dude ... I get where this is coming from

I want Hardens game to not be reliant on refs

But I think your interpretation of what happened is wrong .

Harden drove in HARD , got contact and no foul was called

On the other hand when giannis drove in , he could lower his shoulder into you and you would be called for the foul

There were two very different standards .

There was one play where harden drove straight to the paint and had a MASSIVE collision with Lopez .

Harden wasn't trying to do the swing through move , he wasn't flailing at the slightest bit of contact .... he was legit getting fouled .

As far as minor bumps and slaps .... how can he shoot the 3 if guys are hitting his arm ? Shooting stronger isn't exactly an option

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This was known. We'll never get a fair whistle against media darlings like the Bucks/Warriors/etc.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is why I don't address crazy posts like that
    The Rockets and Harden are held to a far higher standard than most teams

People calling Harden a loser because he could not beat a team with two active MVPs and 2 All Stars without his second best player
    that says SO MUCH about how great Harden has been

Their is an expectation that he can be hacked and still get the shot
    They expect the Rockets to play through hacks, grabs, pulls
    and then play touchless defense on the other end

but hold the other team under 40% shooting while shooting over 45%

Rocket River

slothy420 and RayRay10 like this.
  20. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

when the refs swallow their whistles or just flat out ignore fouls. That usually favors the more defensive minded team

Rocket River likes this.