1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Real Reason Why the Houston Rockets Will ALWAYS FAIL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Feb 11, 2020.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Man, that was painful to watch.

Not because it has much truth to it, but because the narrator insists on saying "Houston Rockets" and "Mike D'Antoni" every freakin' time. Once you've established the team is from Houston (like anyone watching the video won't already know that), it's more than sufficient to just say "Rockets." But nooooooooooooo, he comes out with gems like: "The Houston Rockets will always be one of the best teams in the league... but the Houston Rockets will probably never win a championship." The video is twice as long as it needs to be and the narration makes it almost unlistenable.

SamFisher, hakeem94 and BackNthDay like this.
  2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Tell me a team that kept doing what wasn't working, and won a title anyway?
    Yes, that happens. You shouldn't drive to get a foul. You should drive to scare the basket. Fouls then come naturally...but if you don't get them, you might still get the basket.

kjayp likes this.
  3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I agree it was a tough watch, however, he does make a point.

4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Hate to be that guy but there are already threads regarding this very same issue open.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Oh please. Hyperboles.

Harden's and Mike's team have been the best challenge to the Warriors over the past two seasons (barring the hobbled Warriors team that Raptors got lucky with).

Westbrook has been to the finals and was terrific during that run.

Westbrook and Durant's Thunder also took the Warriors to Game 7 until Durant defected that team.

Harden has had no problem dispatching teams other than Warriors last few seasons.

Dont like our chances against anyone?

Really?

lol

hakeem94, Hakeemtheking and Patience like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sure don't.

This collection of players isn't good enough. I don't see hope. I just see a mess.

This isn't a team you compare to the CP3-hamstring Rockets. This is a group you compare to the Rockets that got bounced by the Kawhi-less Spurs.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If our threes are not going to fall in the playoffs, this team will adjust just like any other team does.

Westbrook and Harden will push the issue and drive more to the basket.

What other team has two of the best drivers and creators in the game?

lol @ hyperboles and random dude on internet thinking he has found the magic answers to why a team will NEVER win...

People make these kind of generalizations and think they got it right because, guess what? Only ONE team wins it. So you can make a claim against most of the teams and come out looking good.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

So you say you disagree vehemently with my statement that you have to be able to make outside shots to win a championship. And now you cant name a single team that has won without making outside shots. I'm saying being able to shoot is how teams win championships. I can give you examples. Like, the Warriors. The Heat. The Spurs. The Cavs. Now do you have evidence to the contrary that say if you miss your shots you can still win? Cause if not then I'm not sure what you're arguing

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The opponents arent as good or as loaded as the Warriors either.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If the Rockets continue to fail, the real reason the Houston Rockets will always fail is because Chris Paul pulled his hamstring when we were playing our best basketball.

The Rockets are the best “failures” from the past two years besides the Warriors and Raptors I guess.

(Reminder: only one team can win it every season)

Nelly and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

LOL fouls come naturally! How about 9 missed calls that directly affected the out come? Those weren't foul baiting missed calls either. We did drive the ball and got nothing out of it. Gordon got sandwiched by 3 defenders but he should keep driving. It's a make or miss league it's that simple.

Reeko and hakeem94 like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

people are just not willing and open minded to admit the officiating plays a huge role in winning the title... it just spoils everything for them and they don't like 'conspiracy theories', they also lack the guts to face their buddies rooting for other teams with this argument because then they would be seen as weak minded for blaming the refs

13. pass_to_Hakeem

Lol ..

14. Brown Juice

Brown Juice Member

I love basketball

[​IMG]

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The refs should be swapped every 2 years and move and pack to another league.

I am not the one making the decisions.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That it's a make or miss league?

In that case I just remade the same point made before and saved you several minutes. 10:53 in fact.

You are welcome and use them for good and empathy, or even nothing at all. Sometime s it's ok to do nothing.

17. magichat281

magichat281 Member

If they do its not gonna make a difference they old as dirt.

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the rockets offense now is different than it has ever been. is that not an adjustment ? our offense is no longer everyone stand around while james or cp3 ISO. we have much more player and ball movement now that we have WB as like a point/center. of course we still want to shoot 3s since they are more than two. I disagree we do not have player than can get to the basket other than russ and james, especially now that we are playing 5 out. this opens up a lot more possibilities.

against jazz our 3s were not falling until mid 4th quarter and we stayed in the game with two point baskets while the jazz lit up from outside. in the past we would have been blown out had our threes not been failling against a good team and we were not getting to the line a ton. to be at our best we have to make outside shots though. if we are going to be generating so many open shots outside, are we supposed to just pass them up ? if the defense is giving it to us at some point its going to come down to make or miss. the greatness of russ and james can keep in games, the others taking care business will be the difference. the 3ball us our best chance for separation.

im sorry but this video is stupid.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Does nobody on this forum remember the 2017-2018 season? Am I the only one that witnessed it?

Every time there's a string of bad games here I see a thread using words like "always" and "never". That's not how any of this works!

20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

They paid capeala too much money and by the time they realized it, they said 'time to trade him'!!!!