1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the real reason James Harden wont win MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Mar 5, 2015.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Quote taking from this article in ESPN http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-150305/who-leading-mvp-candidate

"The only reason to have anything against his case is the Rockets' organization's incessant pushing of it. General Manager Daryl Morey and company publicly seem more invested in Harden's MVP campaign than on actually winning a title."- Ethan Sherwood Strauss

Jesus...........I mean.................................I.........

2. a711

a711 Member

Strauss is an idiot. He got owned by Haralabob on twitter last night:

@SherwoodStrauss: Harden was fouled on that last drive, but I'm not sure the Rockets want all his drives subject to this level of scrutiny

@haralabob: .@SherwoodStrauss You honestly think he isn’t earning all those fouls? He’s elite at getting a player to foul him. Scrutinize all you want.

@haralabob: .@SherwoodStrauss Yes I do. He shows the ball players go for it, or he drives into a player who isn’t set. Those are fouls.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm not clicking on that ****, maybe you should quote the entire flame bait.

Didn't even know who the writer was.

[​IMG]

4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

what is wrong with that?
    you can promote to win a champ
    if champ is determine by voting
    i'm sure morey will do that too

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I love that the Rockets are proud of their players.

At least they aren't treating them like assets

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Morey needs to stay off twatter and other means of self promotion and self recognition. Never have I seen a GM promote their players, team and coach so much through social media.

I mean if the results are there, others will recognize the good. What's with all this self promotion. You don't have to push your agenda and shove it down others throats.

Gosh Morey is an idiot at times.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Thought I did fam

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Im not even going to take that serious.......................

9. RESINator

RESINator Member

socially awkward geek at his best

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I would say your sarcasm is great but i know you for trolling so I can see you really believing this.

11. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

In his defense he's right. Steph Curry is a consummate professional and lets ESPN do all his campaigning for him.

1 person likes this.
  12. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I want us to at least get to the finals this year to shut everybody up

I don't think people realize how good we are and we don't even have dwight. When DMo is on the bench for dwight we will have the strongest bench in the league by far. Our rotations are deadly. Jones is ballin out

Can't wait for playoffs, harden just has to come with it this year

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Strauss is from San Fran and a Curry/Warriors lover. He's hated Harden and holds a huge vendetta against him for winning All-NBA 1st team over Curry last year.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he has a point. Morey is on twitter too much with his campaigning. James doesn't need it, his play speaks of it alone.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Ethan Strauss is the Warriors' beat writer for ESPN. He's definitely anti-Rockets and pro-Curry for MVP. I got into a Twitter spat with him since he called the Rockets "close to being irrelevant" when we lost to them for the 4th time despite the Rockets still having a top 7 record or so.

1 person likes this.
  16. newAge_Rockets

Strauss is a dweeb, and a basketball idiot. I have no idea how he got a job, basketball writers should appreciate all great play from the greats.

Do I like the Warriors? No. But I'm not going to sit here and tell you Curry is just a chucker that can't do anything but shoot some pretty threes. Why? That'd be ignorant and stupid. This is the exact behavior that Strauss does towards Harden, and it's disgusting. I just wanna know who's D he sucked to get this job.

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Exemplary standards from ESPN right here. :rolleyes:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Think Harden deserves MVP more than Westbrook, but I'd want Russ to win if it's between them cuz' Houston lobbies so hard</p>&mdash; Ethan Strauss (@SherwoodStrauss) <a href="https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/573530404390502400">March 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>My main point is the Rockets' org constantly whines about Harden's MVP campaign. Whine enough and people root for you to lose. That's life</p>&mdash; Ethan Strauss (@SherwoodStrauss) <a href="https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/573543648408657920">March 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

props to haralobos...dude is as real as they come..

19. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Its true look at GSW Cavs even Thunder.

We're pushing it waaay too much, lookin like huge try hards

20. CertifiedTroll

We he posts on twitter, I put in the toilet. Nice hire ESPN.