1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Real Reason Hakeem Left Houston (A MUST READ!)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FreePosterBoy, Aug 17, 2001.

1. FreePosterBoy

FreePosterBoy New Member

Business, Business, all Business Baby! This has nothing to do with the sport of playing basketball or the drive for Hakeem to see if he still got what it takes to win another title. It would be wonderful for Hakeem's sake, but it was never his main reason. For Starter: If you can remember the interview on t.v. with Hakeem some years back Where they ask him where else would you like to play? Hakeem said something like how wonderful it would be to live and retire in Vancouver. How Beautiful it was and he didn't mind playing in a city as Beautiful as Vancouver year round. Okay, now you start feel the Canadian Connection? Anywho, Grizzlies moved to Memphis, But if they didn't what team would you play for Vancouver or Toronto? That's a no Brainier! Now let's talk about the prior trade that would have sent Hakeem to Toronto for two highly draft picks. I'll tell you this. Rudy T. didn't get gun shy! Hakeem made the trade request to Toronto, and the Rockets Organization talk Hakeem out of it when it leaked out to the press."That's how I been told"."Dan Fegan" Now you wonder why Hakeem signed with OLE crooked Dan Fegan? Well, it may be because Fegan & Associates INC., is under the parent company Assante Corp. which is a diversified, full-service organization offering a wide range of financial and life management products and services. By the way, They're headquartered in Winnipeg, Canada. Hmm? Makes you wonder. I'll tell you one thing, Hakeem.CD, Rudy T., Les all of them knew Hakeem was going to be in a Raptors Uniform, and they knew he was moving on well before last season was over. It was planned, signed, and delivered. They had to maneuver in such a way for "PR" sake to ease the pain and transition for the fans and the city of Houston! Hakeem has been a Corner stone for Houston for 20 years! It's like taking a baby from its adopted parents and reuniting it back to it's biological parents after so many years has past! " The Lure" The lure for Hakeem is to do business in Canada period. Hakeem is a Business Man first, Basketball Player second. He'll tell you that. To do dealings with Canadian Business Men and Leaders. To Import/Export goods between US/Canada borders; Even to his Home Land of Nigeria and to get a Whopping 17 million dollars and all the support you need, WHO WOULDN'T GO FOR THAT ?!? He has his Corporation already planted and strong in Houston with one of the biggest Ports in the World! Hakeem becoming a Raptor would make it 10 times easier for him to do dealings than it would for him to stay a Rocket; And what if he help Vince Carter and Company to win Canada it's first NBA Crown? Can anyone say Ching Ching?

2. Thanos

Thanos Member

3. Shandon Anversen

i'm not trying to shoot you down, nor to come across as sullen, but honestly, i just don't care anymore....

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Who's this Hakeem person?

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Isn't he like the next in line to the throne of Zamunda

6. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

AGAIN?????????? :rolleyes:

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think we have a new candidate for Will's list of "Worst BBS Names to have in Prison"

8. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

He left because Vince has twice the game that Francis does and Toronto has three times the team that Houston does.

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Good call, pippendagimp! I gotta watch that movie again...

<i>ROCKY MARCIANO!! ROCKY MARCIANO!! Every time we talk about boxing, some white boy's gotta mention Rocky Marciano!

He kicked Joe Louis's ass...</i>

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He posted the exact some drivel on the rocket guy's web site last week.

11. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

In what way does this qualify as a "must read"????

No one cares.....

Let it go.....

Dream is a Raptor.......

but thanks for the free post anyway

12. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

I'm glad the Rockets did beat the Raptors twice last season, by a huge margin, that was.

Speaking of the Bulls, arrrr ... forget it! :eek:

13. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Mr. ZRB............to the courtesy phone........Mr. ZRB.........you are being paged. Please proceed to the courtesy phone.

14. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Next seasons team is worlds different from lasts. Number one: They learned how to win late last season. You won't make that claim again for many, many years.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I seriously doubt CD and Rudy knew Hakeem was leaving. CD cried when Hakeem made it official. Whats with sports and crazy conspiracy theories.

16. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

This is one of the funniest threads I have read in a long time! I am peeing in my pants!

Shear abuse of the pup and probably deservingly so....

"paging ZRB"
    "throne of Zamunda"
    "worse names to have in prison
    "http://www.paragraphpunch.com/

these are classics. I usually have more insight than this and something more interesting to add, but this has me rolling on the floor!!!!

17. Sane

Sane Member

Gettingbranded, I don't see where you get it from.

Houston would tear up Toronto.

It's not about head-to-head?

Houston tore up the East.

It's not about that either?

The Raptors would struggle for a playoff spot in the West, and make 8th spot at best.

In case you didn't know, Cuttino is who goes head to head against Vince.

Head to head:

Vince 23ppg 3asst/game 4reb/game 1stl/game (.419 FG%)
    Cat 26.5ppg 2asst/game 4reb/game 1stl/game (.556 FG%)

If not neutral, Cuttino won the matchup. Don't give me a "Vince is one of the highest scoring...."

you said Toronto's team is better, and it's not.

Francis would rip Alvin Williams. I'd be comfortable putting Moochie up against Alvin Williams.

Now, Vince may get the better of Cuttino next season, but, other than C and SG, Toronto doesn't have an advantage over us in any position.

EVEN Cato would be average in the East, so don't tell me about Antronio Davis, cause he's a role player who'd have big trouble going up against Mo Taylor.

Now, I'd like to see your argument on the subject if you don't mind.

Plain and simple, I'd rather have Francis, Cuttino, Mo Taylor,and Eddie Griffin than Vince and the "rest".

18. Sane

Sane Member

If you're gonna argue that he's the best SG in the league, then remind me to put up his stats up agianst Kobe's D. they're even uglier.

Scoring at will on a player 7 inches shorter than you (the answer) doens't mean you learned how to win, it just means you found a player you can go on top of instead of around.

His D isn't too pretty either.

T-Mac would've made the Raptors a better team. At least he's got an all round game. Not just O.

19. harumph

harumph Member

we now have 2 people to flame:)

He left because Vince has AT LEAST twice the MARKETING that Francis does and Toronto has AT LEAST three times the TV TIME that Houston does.

20. Wanster

Wanster New Member

Vhat a dumb.