1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The push for Johnny Manziel - The TAMU Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Ottomaton, Jan 12, 2014.

?

Should the Texans target Manziel with the #1 pick?

1. I favor Texas A&M - Texans need to draft Manziel

4.0%
  2. I favor Texas A&M - Texans should not draft Manziel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I favor Texas A&M - I have no opinion or am unsure.

12.0%
  4. I dislike Texas A&M - Texans need Manziel

4.0%
  5. I dislike Texas A&M - Texans should not draft Manziel

4.0%
  6. I dislike Texas A&M I have no opinion or am unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I don't care about Texas A&M - Texans need Manziel

20.0%
  8. I don't care about Texas A&M - Texans should not draft Manziel

36.0%
  9. I don't care about Texas A&M - I have no opinion or am unsure

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure this is going to annoy a few A&M fans. The thing is, every time I read one of the worshipful pro - Manziel post, it gets filed away in the same place I filed all the posts pre awarding 10 years of Super Bowls to VY. I want some evidence to add or remove credence to this supposition.

I'm also assuming some A&M fans will think they are clever and misrepresent themselves to try and sell the "universal appeal" of Manziel. All I can say is, please don't. The poll is public, so if you lie, I'm such a loser and am so bored that I might corelate with past posts and relentlessly hound you for the next few years every time you post.

1 person likes this.
  2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Dude. There has been a Johnny thread for weeks. How could you not see it.

Lock it.

edit: There is no poll here. Even if there was, seems silly to do a poll now and not after combine and pro days.

edit 2: ...couldn't resist voting. Dammit.

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you ever made a poll thread? It posts the text part before you input the poll options. Add to that the fact that I'm posting from my phone, and maybe you should wait a few minutes before flipping out.

4. BleedsRocketRed

It's going to be the same thing with VY when we don't draft Manziel. People will be forever blinded by their school allegiance without ever seeing the big picture from outside the box. Even if he turns out to be a bust 7 years after his rookie year, people will STILL say he would be a savior because what he did in college. Just like it was with UT fans and VY, it will be the same with A&M fans and Manziel. Be prepared Houston, its now round 2.

Dude has got a Matt Leinert career arc I am predicting. His style isn't going to work in the NFL. I just don't see it and we're going to have to hear about it ever ****ing year on the radio and on this message board.

Ugh. I wish he would just go away. Dude has A LOT of growing up to do, and the NFL is going to be brutal for him.

5. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Manziel is the black Tebow

6. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I honestly dont know much about college talent translating to the next level in the NFL, but Manziel comes from the Sumlin system. Most people hear seemed to not like the other ex-Sumlin QB. To me, it seems like the QB class could be crappy.

Someone really needs to educate me because I dont know our head coach, and I feel this first pick could be a bad deal if we stretch on a player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.