1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Punisher: War Zone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mlwoo, Jun 2, 2008.

Tags:
  1. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I hope they got all of the origination out of them. Don't know anything about this Ray Stevenson.

I really hope it's much darker than the first one and take any kind of happy humor out of it. I also hated how he bonded with Rebecca Romijn and those guys in the first one.

I want it to be dark, twisted, and have a high, brutal body count. Here's for the best.

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

He's the guy who played Titus Pullo in Rome, don't know how good he will sound with an american accent, but as Titus, he was a badass.

The director's previous film was the one with Frodo about soccer hooligans. If I remember correctly she is a martial arts expert and worked as a stuntwoman. I've heard she's a capable director, but a review of the script has me concerned. The sequence that the reviewer mentioned goes like this:

The Punisher kills the lights at some Mob meeting or something in a mansion. While wearing a glow in the dark punisher skull emblem he sticks a road flare in a bowl of something and then he crawls over a table of food and individually kills various mob guys sitting at the table.

Can you just picture how silly that is? The review says that the director wrote that script, but I remember checking IMDB and not seeing her name credited as a writer.

3. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Sounds weird, but until you see it, don't judge.

Nothing can be as bad as the first crap fest.

4. duwende

duwende Member

[​IMG]

Dolph Lundgren, now he's the original Punisher. Anyone actually see this movie back in the 80's? I sure did, although he was a better He-Man than Punisher.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, i use to have it on tape way back when. It really wasnt too bad, from what I remember...then again i was pretty young so who knows. It certainly wasnt any worse than the newer one. Holy crap that flick sucked hard.

6. Oski2005

Dolph was pretty good, the movie wasn't.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Dolph was great as the Punisher! But like what was already said, the movie wasn't very good.

The new Punisher for War Zone.
    [​IMG]

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The movie as whole actually was actually somewhat forgettable, but Dolph was like the brightest spot of the film, along with some of the action scenes. It was nice little 80s action movie, but real action movie at that. With absolute carnage and real fx. I would like to see a movie more in that vain nowadays.

Besides today, outside of few martial arts stars, we don't really have any action heroes unless you count Will Smith or Matt Damon, but compared that to the likes of Arnuld, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis, Kurt Russell, Charles Bronson, and see what I mean.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I liked the most recent Punisher. I thought it was better than all the B-list comic book hero movies it was supposed to be aligned with (Spawn, Daredevil, Ghost Rider) and even better than several pretty-bad-if-you-think-about A-list sequels (the recent Superman, Spiderman 3, X-men 3).

The entire movie had this dark fatalistic humor to it, but it wasn't all about the blood and guts. It was stuff like that over-the-top assassin who looked like Wayne Newton and wrote him a song before trying to kill him. It was the Russian beast of a man who got stabbed in the chest, laughed, then turned the knife around in a arm-wrestling sort of deal and stabbed the Punisher guy in the exact same spot of his chest. It was the ending where he made the guy hold a grenade he had no chance of keeping up while he walked out the building because he knew the other guy would try to survive as long as possible. And it was the complete lack of CGI effects, hearkening back to the Die Hard/Lethal Weapon/Schwarzenegger days of carnage. It was Old School and that's what made it great.

10. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Good to finally find someonelse who really liked that one!!! I wish he would have stayed and played him again but hope the sequel will be good.

11. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

I'm not impressed by this trailer.

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=382367&downloadURL=http://moviesmovies.ign.com/movies/video/article/880/880590/punisher2_trailer_061008_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360' ></embed>

12. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Am I the only one who loved the first one?

13. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Trailer looks promising. Is Marvel Studios handling this?

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I didn't think it is as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

ya they're handling all of their movies now.

anywho, I thought the most recent movie was pretty good. I liked thomas jane as punisher also, wish he could have stuck around.

I remember the old school dolph flick too, and I don't remember it being that bad either. especially compared to that garbage captain america movie that was out around the same time.

anywho, after watching the new trailer I wasn't impressed. I'll reserve judgement though...cus I didn't like the original iron man trailer (the subsequent ones were pretty good and the movie itself was sick), I didn't like the original hulk trailer (and I have loved all of the most recent ones, I have high hopes for the movie as well), so I have no reason to believe this one will be any different.

16. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Tore the pages right out of Boondock Saints in that trailer

17. Oski2005

This is still Lions Gate. Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights to all their characters. Spiderman is still at Sony, X-Men are still at Fox, etc.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thanks for posting the tailer. Just like seeing the Transporter 3 trailer the other day, this movie looks like good fun action to me. Nothing wrong with that! :cool:

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Horrible news. Wolverine not being a Marvel in house project breaks my heart.

20. Oski2005

The director's blog is anybody is curious, she talks about the trailer and a bit about the film.

"I’ve been told that you can’t even show heads blowing up in red-band trailers."
    http://lexialexander.com/