1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Philadelphia Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJ, Nov 27, 2008.

1. DJ

DJ Member

As most of you recall, the Rockets played a game last season in which we were more talented than the other team. The Rockets did not play up to their potential and surprisingly we lost despite our talent. That team that we lost to was the Sixers. That was a wake up call and motivated the Rockets into playing with a greater sense of urgency. I hope this was the Philadelphia Game. Losing in the manner that we lost last night should be a wake-up call to the Rockets and inspire them to achieve greatness. Though our season is relatively young in comparison to when last season's Philadelphia game, does anyone think last night's game is going to motivate the Rockets and lead to more consistency from our players for a longer period of time?

2. C1utchC!ty

C1utchC!ty Member

I'm tired of this example. Seriously, who cares? The same thing isn't going to happen this year.

3. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

i thought we had the infamous "phil" game so ****ing many times already this year

4. Yak

Yak Member

This is what, the third or fourth time we've used this excuse?

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This loss will sting the Rockets hard and I'm glad about that. I hope the players and coaches think about this one a long time.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

and we're still 3rd in the west.

wait for the schedule to get easier and for the team to gel. when they hit their stride we will take over.

7. redao

redao Member

this team needs wake up calls every other game. in other words, this team is hopeless.

8. lutherHead

lutherHead Member

so every time they lose its the philadelphia game?

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

To clarify, there were two Philadelphia games. One was a horrendous blowout last December. The other was a home loss to Philadelphia last January, where we choked in the fourth quarter.

The Lakers game was like the first Philadelphia game. The loss yesterday was like the second one.

10. HoustonFan4Life

And the San Antonio game and Portland and Dallas .....

11. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

How many times are we going to use this example?

12. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

we have way too many wake up calls, just let it be. we are fine. 22 wins is not gonna happen every year.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The team has no identity. Nothing to fall back on mentally when things get tight. Part of that is new players, part of that is players just having rough starts and part of it is injuries.

Things will get better once the smoke clears. If not, a trade needs to be made.

14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Then please stop watching and stop posting. A couple losses on a newly formed team, with Tmac out, isnt going to be the end of the world. If you are going to cry every time we lose, find another sport or another team to watch.

15. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

+1

Glad someone else on this forum has some brains...

16. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I hear what you're saying. I thought it was going to be the Spurs game. if people keep calling it after every one of these kind of losses someone is going to be right eventually.

17. DJ

DJ Member

You're missing the point! You see, the Rockets were heavily favored to win at home versus the Pacers. Like the Philadelphia game, they lost in an embarrasing way. Portland and San Antonio were road games. Portland is an up-and-coming team and we played them well and lost on a tough last-second shot. In the Dallas game, we really could not have done much. Yao was out and T-Mac and Ron were clearly hobbled. A healthy Dirk and Jason Terry were too much for the injured Rockets. That's my point.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

sounds great, I totally believe now.

19. singaporet-mac

i though losing to portland and the manu-less and parker -less san antonio team was already two wake-up call..

20. DJ

DJ Member

Portland, as I said, is an up-and-coming team that has a legitimate chance of making the playoffs and showed great promise last year before injuries (remember they had the second largest winning streak last year). The Spurs still have a big man that has been traditional hard for the Rockets to guard