1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The performances of Zhou Qi in Rio Olympics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Aug 15, 2016.

1. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

I didn't see any talent in this guy
    I don't work don't go gym just eat and sleep but I have more muscle than this guy
    just give this guy to Harden to use him as spinning static dancing pole for his strippers

2. jogo

jogo Member

These guys suck in Rio! I don't want any of them on the Rockets!:

GP MPG PPG PTS FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT%

A: 5 13.8 4.2 21 0.8-2.6 30.8 0.0-0.6 0.0 2.6-3.4 76.5
    B: 5 18.5 8.2 41 2.6-8.4 31.0 2.0-5.8 34.5 1.0-1.4 71.4
    C: 5 11.1 2.4 12 0.8-2.6 30.8 0.2-1.6 12.5 0.6-1.0 60.0
    D: 5 19.0 5.6 28 1.8-3.2 56.3 0.2-1.0 20.0 1.8-3.2 56.3

...The Olympics don't really tell us much about Qi or pretty much anyone else. Don't overreact-it's just not worth the energy. Qi may be good one day or he might suck, but the Olympics won't tell us one way or the other.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Over-reaching positive, Qi was top 10 in steals per-min in Olympics....That shows defensive activity in a way kinda sorta maybe

He actually is 10lbs HEAVIER than last year and STILL looks rail thin. Maybe he doesnt have build to put on more actual weight. Will need wiry muscle strength instead. Just shows he has a lot of work ahead of him.

Thon Maker has similar issues and questions. Though Maker is 5 years older :eek: you can tell he's intent to contribute SOMETHING on an NBA court. Dont know Qi enough still a mystery man of sorts, but don't really get that impression from him YET that he's bringing something identifiable.

I think UNLIKE most flawed players, with Qi the NBA is THERE if he wants it. The measurables, agility at that length and IQ can almost accidently do things on the court. His own drive, weight and part surrounding system determines if he makes it in the NBA.

4. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Dumbarse quote herein above...

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Well..

He will never be Ming Yao.

6. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

He is a basketball player, but not a nba basketball player

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Qi makes Thon Maker look like Shaq.

8. dmoneybangbang

He is clearly outclassed playing mostly the best of the world and the Chinese team in general sucks.

However, he definitely has the upside if it goes in his favor. He is fluid when he moves for his size, has touch around the rim, and a shooting touch from mid range. I don't see his frame putting on significant weight but that's not bad thing if he can be a "4" that can guard multiple positions.

The NBA is trending towards length and versatility, if Zhou Qi can manage to play 20mpg in the NBA I would bet it's because of his ability to put a lot of length on the perimeter and switch back to the paint.

9. dmoneybangbang

If you haven't noticed they go after length and/or athleticism with potential for versatility.

You remember Marcus Morris. Or more recently Capela, Dekker, Harrell, other Harrell type dude, and Zhou Qi.

10. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

You know how fun this team would be to watch play with Yao in the paint? Yao's ability to shoot from outside the paint would be beautiful with Harden.

11. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

You know how fun this team would be to watch play with Yao at the 5? Yao's ability to shoot from outside the paint would be beautiful with Harden. And we could post up Yao.

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Zhou is a bust.

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh I don't know. With just a little luck and a lot of hard work he could be the next Malick Badiane...

14. SunsRocketsfan

umm but why wouldnt he want to play well? It's his first test playing out side of China with the worlds top talent. He failed miserably. Looks like he is going to suck. I won't say BUST because he's a late 2nd round pick.. so can you really be a bust?

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Doesn't matter how sucky he is, the Rockets are still going to throw him out there. They don't have a clue.

16. dmoneybangbang

He won't even be able to come over for another year genius.

Think he'll spend at least another year after that in the D league genius?

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No one will ever be, in my opinion. If only his health had held up. If only. Yao might be giving minutes to the Rockets this season. I wish. He's "only" 35, and never depended on speed and raw athleticism. I miss the Big Fella.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thanks for the compliment. He's still gonna suck dboogittybang.

19. jogo

jogo Member

A: Kyle Lowry
    B: Klay Thompson
    C: Draymond Green
    D: Zhou Qi

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta see him in a US summer league or some RGV games to get a fair opinion.