1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Overwhelming Black Issue

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Aug 6, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Inspired by Biden

I often say Hispanics are ahead of blacks in my different rants. Sometimes i don't take into consideration enough Hispanics come from somewhere they know and have a connection to those places.

We don't know, our culture, our home. It Ieaves us being jealous of whites over the dumbest **** like not starring in Marvel Comic movies. It makes us hate watching quality uplifting films about slavery. We are always looking for something that isnt there.

We all cant go Alex Haley and search our Roots. (Ancestry.com is something blacks should embrace but i digress).

There is an easy solution to our feeling of having no home. Embracing America

#1 pgabriel, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Wattafan and Corrosion like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes, Latino Americans have Spanish culture and wealth that has been passed down. African Americans had their culture wiped out by American slavery.

A big example is life expectancy. Latino Americans live longer than white Americans, and significantly longer then African Americans, this is due to their healthier eating habits, this is a part of their culture.

That being said, native culture was also wiped out by America in catastrophic way. which is why natives struggle just as much, if not more then African Americans. Latino's can have a heavy helping of native culture and ancestry as they are a heavily mixed and diverse group, but it's clear how much the spanish culture and historic wealth helps in America if you isolate and compare groups to the pure natives.

Latin Americans had a VERY different base from African and Native Americans. Latin people CHOSE to come to the Americas, they had money, they owned slaves, they are almost no different than English Americans.

Do you mean embracing? LOL.

malakas, Nook, edwardc and 1 other person like this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Freudian slip

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

America is who should be embarrassed. We enslaved a group of people for 250 years, segregated them an additional 100 years, built this country off their backs, built wealth off their backs, completely wiped their culture, and now we want to act all cute, surprised and confused when this group of people is impoverished and statistically disadvantaged across the boards.

Open your ****ing eyes dude. We've had this exact conversation more than a handful of times now.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They didn't steal anything from us though. Another lie we tell ourselves

Wattafan likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What **** are you talking about man? How about 250 years of labor and black lives? How about their names? Their language?

Is slavery not ****ing theft now???

I really don't get it. I have understood some of your viewpoints before, but it's like you got some sort of chip on your shoulder that makes you want to elevate yourself and deny any type of historical oppression for African Americans. That doesn't make you more accomplished or anything dude, it just makes you ignorant.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im talking about wealth from Africa

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You're referencing "us" as Africa? I'm almost certain this conversation wasn't about the effects on the African continent... I've been talking about African American people. America stole a whole lot from them. 246 years of life and labor to be exact. Completely wiped out their culture and then Instilled who knows what levels of mental trauma, something that is never really spoken about.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My bad i thought you wrote thwt they stole wealth

10. Senator

Senator Member

What race are you? Who are you speaking on behalf of, as a delusional, victimizing, narrative creating loser? All people everywhere were colonized and most white people were enslaved as well. All immigrants including hispanic Americans have had tough histories to overcome, and even though more hispanics live in poverty in blacks, they work hard and commit violent crime at a rate far, far less. In addition to all the other social issues they do not contribute significantly to. The problem is with loser mentalities like yours as well as an inability to compete with all the immigrants in a capitalist country. Stop pointing fingers and committing violent crime to justify being a loser. Be the change, that's the motto every other race has taken on to survive, not wish for the whole world to burn.

Wattafan likes this.
  11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Hispanics* are on a difficult path. Simply put, Hispanic men are losing control of their homes and families. This will lead to problems similar to those experienced in Black homes. We are already seeing it, but not in the same numbers yet.

*By Hispanics, I mean Americans of "Hispanic" descent beyond the second generation. Not those Americans with immigrant parents or who are immigrants themselves. Although more and more of those families are falling apart due to fathers being in their countries.

Culture is the number 1 reason for most of America's problems especially the problems of struggling minorities, IMO. How families are structured is part of culture. When you lose your culture, you lose the home among other things. Hispanics are willingly giving up their culture to their own detriment. Without culture you are walking in the wilderness blindly.

Not sure anyone but white Americans should embrace America over each other. Truth is, the more successful minority groups in this country support themselves economically and maintain their culture. Doesn't mean any American should hate America, but support each other first.

Hispanics still do that even after many generations which is important. But losing the father, the husband, the man will lead a people to lose their culture, family, God, commerce, etc.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I am human race, and I speak on behalf of all mammals. ;)

Something we spoke about in this thread, and why I'm glad PG made it. It's important to understand the cultural and historic context of what led to the country we have today.

I have a winners mentality, I want all of us to win.

I'm not pointing fingers or committing violent crimes, odd for you to make such an accusation. I'm just doing my best to not be ignorant about history, I'm trying to get an understanding of whats going on around me, and I'm happy with the progress I've made.

13. Senator

Senator Member

Every immigrant I have ever worked with has that same mentality... so why are they doing so well - in blue collar professions as well? Forget about the top 5-10% of doctors and engineers etc. Let's look at the median and the stark cultural differences that toxic mentalities like you perpetuate. And all you can do is call me racist , I'm sure, behind your screen, but in real life educated AA's agree with me. So why won't the uneducated get on board instead of falling into that toxic trap? Move forward, every human has had to (again, dont' include the top few like the trust fund Trumps or the athletically gifted who can sit around with grudges and toxicity and saying stupid things forever). Be bigger than them to thrive, they are a dying breed.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

All of the bootstrap sloganeering is worthless bobo-speak. People like Senator don't have the first clue the depth of the unfairness these people face and they don't even want to have a clue. The only thing that black Americans need to succeed is for a minority of Americans to stop using governmental and corporate power to wage a systematic campaign against them.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Oh, we aren't talking about immigrants, we're talking about Americans.

I haven't called you a racist, who are talking to bro?

Correction, I'm actually in front of my screen.

I too am for improving our education system, we need to pay teachers better, more funding for schools, what do you think about tuition-free college and universal childcare? Big fan personally.

16. JumpMan

That mentality loses.

17. JumpMan

Why would they stop? When have a ruling class of people ever willingly given up that type of power?

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Hispanics do very well and aren't falling off. They own businesses, they dominate trades. Hispanic kid goes to jail, somebody he knows can hire him.

They are self sufficient

JumpMan likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If we don't all win then it isn't a win to me.

20. Senator

Senator Member

I support-
    UBI (allows people in marginalized communities to consolidate funds, build local businesses, help those who need help)
    Eliminating welfare - toxic and embarrassing to those who use it
    Making STEM fields cheaper, making liberal arts or creative fields more expensive like Australia. Let's be honest if you're good you can learn it on your own
    Tax wealthy ($50 mil +/yr) more
    Eliminate corporate tax loopholes

This all gives more than enough opportunity to anyone remotely interested in it.

What I don't support is acting like college is a golden ticket to anything - most end up being sheep in dead end jobs. It's up to the person . So making it free doesn't do anything to solve the problem.
    Universal childcare? For whom exactly? The biggest reason the poor stay poor (I grew up poor) is having too many kids too early. Do not encourage that, you're not being a humanitarian.