1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Only Players We Should Go After

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PWR, May 17, 2019.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Love Julius Rangle. Guy is a bruiser. Need tough guys who are fearless. Can stroke the three or go attack the rim.

Above all, we have a huge matchup problem with Donkey whom I hate, but still recognize as a great player.

napalm06 likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You are correct. He will be out of our reach.

3. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Trade Capela for Randall straight up. Randall is a free agent and can walk. New Orleans could get a 24-year-old center in return

4. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I think we should go after Malcolm Brogdon. This kid is on the rise and I’m not sure the Bucks can retain him since they have a lot of other FA’s demanding big money. We could offer a trade of Gordon for MB and another of their role players. This gives the Rockets a young 6’5” athletic guard that shoots 42% from beyond the arc.

After that we trade Capela for Randall to upgrade the center position with someone that defends and has an offensive game. Then we use the MLE on Darius Miller to upgrade the SF position with a 6’8” player with a good 3 pt shot that also plays solid defense.

5. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

The warriors wont be the top dog next yr. That ship has sailed. Obsessed = failure.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I see Brogdon as the future PG for them. 2nd important guard. Dun think they give him up easily.

I would give up a couple of role players just to keep Brogdon.

BaselineFade and napalm06 like this.
  7. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

[​IMG]

8. smp

smp Member

We have to start drafting better. You can’t chase these guys after they have proven themselves because once they are proven they become too expensive.

That is the sign of a great GM and front office. Find the unproven gems and use them while they are cheap. Then trade them for draft picks when they demand more money and their value is high.

If fans can see a player is good, it’s already too late to get them cheap.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Yes, brigdon, randle,gay.

Sit Paul, rivers, randle and gordon in the bench, very deep. this is best idea to beat bucks.

Starters butler, harden, brogdon

#29 BigBum, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
  10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Clint improves every year. We can hope he improves his playoff performance this upcoming year. I could see it going either way.

What is tobias' contract situation? Would love randle in rocket red.

11. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

To take two or three games vs GSW this regular season, when it looked like they were taking it easier than other years, and predict that player's effectiveness in a future playoff series against GSW is completely unreliable.

The best way is to just go after the best player you can sign. Not really that complex. However, CF is full of people who would decline a straight up trade, Harden/Giannis. So that' s what you're dealing with around here.

12. PWR

PWR Member

I want Rivers back for sure. I think we have the MLE and a $3 mil trade exception we can use to sign guys. Give Rudy the MLE. Give Rivers the $3 mil.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. BigBum

BigBum Member

Do not forget the Hard Cap
    I'd trade Capela for Ja Green and Randle (3 team trade), then give Rivers Tax MLE.
    Other teams will offer 3-year contract to Rivers @ $19 million.

14. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Perhaps, but they still have to resign FA’s Mitotic, Bledsoe, and Middleton, not to mention Lopez. My thought is they’ll offer Middleton a large contract and try to retain Bledsoe with a good one as well. If we were to offer EG then maybe the Bucks would be enticed by bringing back a veteran shooter. To me, this guy is perfect for the Rockets and the Bucks would be a good trade partner if they spend a lot on Bledsoe and Middleton. If not Brogdon, then maybe the Rockets go after Bledsoe. It’s worth a shot

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I see the Rockets as I always have, a single minded flawed team. Not to mention, they're small, very small. One of the ways to beat GSW is to punish Steph on switches, keep Iggy or Clay off Harden. That can achieved by getting bigger at the 3 spot. They also need more diversity when they go small. Clint needs to get better, but in the process, they need someone a little different

pippendagimp likes this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Unless CP3 finds a time machine (and can switch with a younger version of himself), or home town hero from Tomball signs for free and Durant signs for free. Don't worry about it. Harden will be the hero, the window will close a little more and we'll "run it back" a few more times.

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

PS I love the Rockets and Harden could maybe get lucky and save some energy for the playoffs

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

another playoff exit vs the warriors if we fail to acquire any all-star player and with our cap situation, all tilman can do is boast about how great we'll be next season

19. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Nice try. Those are regular season stats.

20. jowman

jowman Member

Much more likely they keep brogdon and let Bledsoe go if it comes down to picking between the two. Think about it this way- who would you want between the two? Now factor in potential salaries and it’s even easier.

Brogdon has improved and is such a good shooter and decent defender He might be even more valuable to bucks than Middleton.

daywalker02 likes this.