1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Oilers Live

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Clutch, Jan 30, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't even care and that was painful.

Congrats to the Titans though for a great year, and a great comeback. I found myself rooting for them and they should have won that game... what an incredibly painful way to lose.

xaos likes this.
  2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

OHHH IM SO HAPPY THEY LOST!!!

GO RAMS GO!!!!!!!

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

That was painful. I'd rather have seen a Rams blowout than a close Titans loss. That was an unbelievable play by Steve McNair to get the ball down to the 10. Good play calling by Jeff Fisher in the end. Will the Titans be back next year? Probably not but this season was real fun.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

We're on opposite ends of the spectrum as far as the Titans. I'm happy they lost. I couldn't have lived knowing we lost a potential Super Bowl. Now maybe all the fans in Houston will vote for a new stadium for the Rockets.

Interesting to note how both teams just left cities that have since fought one another to acquire new football teams. Luckily Houston won that battle. Let's hope we don't screw up with the Rockets now.

Congrats to the Rams, especially Kurt Warner; what a story of overcoming adversity and kicking butt!

------------------
    trade them all and fire the coach.

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited January 30, 2000).]

5. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

HALLELUJAH THE NASHVILLE BUD ADAM'S LOSE!

What makes it even better is that the fact that the game was so close led Bud to think he actually had a chance to win, only to have his heart ripped out and stepped on, just like he did so many Oiler fans here in Houston. The Fat b*stard.

I actually found it hard to root against the guys in blue, but every time they showed their stupid owner I was immediately reminded why I must do what was the honorable thing for anyone who had been a fan of the Oilers since around the age of 5 or 6. (1975-6)

Two cool notes:
    1. Fred Miller the St. Louis Rams starting right tackle graduated from Eisenhower H.S., which just happens to be where me and my two brother played football. Actually, he played with my two younger brothers, graduating with the middle of us three. I remember watching him play when I went to see my lil' bros suit up.

2. My wife went to highschool at Klein Forest, which is also where Oiler secondary player (CB?), Stever Jackson graduated.

I just thought that was pretty weird.

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

All I can say is that the Titans proved they still have a little Oiler left in them, not only by losing but by losing in such heartbreaking fashion. I found myself actually pulling for them, and then at games end, I kept saying to myself "of course it would end this way!"

The BEST part was pre-game on ESPN, when they had a live remote from Griff's Sports Bar in Montrose with Elvin Bethea. The crowd at Griff's kept chanting "HALL OF FAME, HALL OF FAME" every time Elvin tried to speak. That was worth the price of admission right there!

------------------
    Bring It!!