1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Republican Concession Speech/Post Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ima_drummer2k, Nov 5, 2008.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I’ve seen some nice congratulatory posts from guys like FD Khan, IROC IT, and Landlord Landry in several different threads, so I thought maybe we could start a thread to put them all together in.

I didn’t vote for Obama. I don’t agree with him philosophically. I don’t think he has the necessary experience to be President. I, however, don’t dislike him because of the color of his skin or because I think he’s a Muslim...

All that being said, I am beyond happy that our country has proved all the doubters wrong and elected a black President. I am happy that someday I can tell my Grandchildren about the historic night we did for the first time and how amazing it was to watch it all occur (albeit during Rocket/Celtic timeouts) in front of my very own eyes. I can tell them about Obama’s historic acceptance speech and how it brought many to tears.

I can also tell them that my band played at his Toyota Center rally and that he mentioned us by name in his speech and that he posed for a picture with the whole band. Too bad I was on my honeymoon in Mexico at the time and they used a sub-drummer. :mad:

But I digress….

Anyhoo, I am ready to put my political differences aside and stand behind my new President. I, like other conservatives on this bbs, am sincerely happy for him and our great country. I am willing to give him a chance. He has a lot of work to do and I will stand behind him as he does it.

So congratulations President-Elect Obama. I will stand beside you, and guide you, thru the night with a light from above, ya savvy?

As an aside, I hope that now that the election is (finally!) over, we can all come together as ROCKET FANS and support our team TOGETHER. I would hope that some of the DDOP’s (D&D only posters) like Batman Jones, mc mark, Deckard, basso, SamFisher and others will now LIGHTEN UP and venture out of the D&D every once in a while. Come back to the GARM and/or Hangout. Both have been lacking as of late and could use a shot in the arm. That means you too, King Cheetah and thegary.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Well, maybe not the GARM. That place is crazy.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If a democrat had to be elected, I'm glad it was him.

Good for him, a great moment in our history as a nation.

Now he inherits a huge mess to try and clean up.

I have to say though, I'm rootin for him.

I'm not one who was technically on his side, or moved to tears really by the whole thing... but I can appreciate the significance of this moment in time.

America has come along way and I sincerely hope that the secret service stays on the ball and doesn't let some racist piece of trash with a gun anywhere near our President-Elect.

God Bless America.

4. joliver325

joliver325 Member

I respect that to the fullest. I really think its time we put this party affiliation crap to rest. Its time for us to agree to disagree and get behind this man and our country together. Regardless of where you ideologies lie we are all Americans.

I can't wait to see Big Texx and and Hater Jorge to finally say something I could actually respect and come around to supporting their NEW president. But that is more far fetched than an Afro American in office....

To all Republicans and/or non Barack Obama supporters, the only way this country can come up is if we ALL work together and support our president.
    I for one pray for him and his family's health and life and that he does what is needed to strengthen and bring this country back to prominence.

YES WE CAN........COME TOGETHER

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I will not stand behind him until he gives me reason to do so. This is the liberals chance to prove their greatness. I'll take the handouts that I so don't need or deserve, and wonder why I Obama of all people is not for equality or fairness.

6. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Way to class up the thread, dip****.

7. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

The last sentence above concerns me. So what if he is a Muslim? Not that I think he is. Just as it is a historic day for a black man to be elected as our next President. I hope there comes a day when a muslim man or women can have the opportunity to run and be elected for such office. As Collin Powell said very eloquently a few weeks ago. What is wrong for a muslim child born in this country to not have the desire to run for the highest office. That was the first time I heard someone in such a high office say those words.

Why is it that because someone is muslim they are considered any less American than a Catholic or Jew (and could not be considered by the American public to stand on their political record and not just their religion they believe in). I think this is the next big hurdle America will have to overcome and will overcome!!!

8. juicystream

Way to treat Obama like something he is not. People treated Bush like crap, why should I follow behind Obama. I respect Obama, but I will not get behind him until he gives me a reason to do it. Sorry if I have a brain and choose to not follow just because 52% of Americans who voted, asked for him.

Respect for him, and following him do not go hand in hand. I'm glad you feel it right to disrespect me, and class up your opinion. I want to trust in Obama, I just have no reason to.

9. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

See thread title.

10. da1

da1 Member

That's because Bush was given the election he didn't deserve. And he was the worst president in a long, long time.

11. joliver325

joliver325 Member

Did you support Bush? Probably so. And if so you werent for equality or fairness so just chillout and enjoy "The Cool"

12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Congratulations, President Obama.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well that didn't take long.

ima_drummer2k must be rolling over in his grave.

14. joliver325

joliver325 Member

Stream- Look bro. I understand your opinion but right now he represents more than just what you believe he does. Its much more than whether he can lead. This was a gut check for America to look at herself and really see if she is who she says she is. A land of opportunity.

Understand the CHANGE is much more than what will happen during his period in office its the change in mindsets of millions of Americans. Lets look at it outside the box bro.

15. juicystream

I saw it. My concession is that he has won. I'm a Republican, are you. Seems like I'm in the right thread.

Congratulations Senator Obama on being the President Elect. I hope you do many great things, and are the greatest President to ever live. I hope you do not abuse your power over us Republicans just because we have such a small voice now. Please don't be afraid to go against the Democrats in Congress, and not just the 4% of the time you are against them. If you do what i right and prove me wrong about you, or prove that your ideas are better than my own, I will vote for four more years. I will stand against the policies that you have layed out during your campaign because they are not what I believe in and that is my right as an American.

Is this better for you Apollo? I made it a little nicer and was more preachy. I just don't want all Republicans to complacency, but to rise up and reorganize. To be prepared to stand with the President when needed. To reorganize our party and to make sure our voices are heard.

16. juicystream

I did not support Bush for his second term. I did not support Kerry. I voted for neither. I'm dissapointed with my own party in a number of ways. I would probably go third party if there could be a chance for victory.

Tax the rich, give it to me. It makes no sense to being equal. I don't want more government handouts. The government is the charity case, not me. I'm not the one wallowing in debt, and eroding consumer confidence.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

juicy, for what it's worth, even with the contentious 2000 election, I got behind Bush, was supportive of what I could support. He lost my support when he pushed for Iraq II and started mistreating scientific evidence (my personal axe).

But I did get behind him.

I just think our messes are so big that I hope all of us can see that party affiliation has to be back burner.

Maybe he'll earn some respect when you see his cabinet. (Fingers crossed.)