1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Beavis Stiffler

:mad:WTF was Anibaba thinking?:mad:

And then Bruin scores the 2nd goal could be the dagger to this series.:(

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They way overachieved this season. Bad display tonight and likely can not recover but a good season overall. They still need a few pieces to be more consistent (defense, central midfield)

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I switched the channel when they went down a man. Hard to watch. I guess Seattle scored again?

4. Beavis Stiffler

Jalil Anibaba deserves half the blame. The coach, Wilmer Cabrera, deserves the other half for not putting Cubo in the starting 11. I know Cubo hasn't scored in 2 1/2 months but still he's the team's leading scorer. You have to start him in this type of situation.

Also, benching Alex instead of Tomas Martinez. Alex is a better playmaker than Tomas. Tomas is just slow at getting to the ball.

I overreacted that the series is already over. At least it's not a 0-3, 0-4, 0-5 deficit or worse. 0-2 deficit is not bad but not good too. A 3-1 or 4-2 score at Seattle to win the aggregate is easier said than done. It's a huge task to comeback and there's always a chance but only just a small glimmer of hope for the Dynamo 2017 postseason run.

The offseason for 2018 will be very interesting. Some key players may be on the move during the winter transfer window. It's important to keep the core of the team, not sure if the front office/ownership are willing to spend a lot to resign the majority of the roster.

SwoLy-D likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

On the whole, I don't think anybody was expecting us to even get this far. Regardless of what happens in Seattle, this season can only be seen as a success, and a nice building block for what they are trying to do long term.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

NO! It's not "the dagger" and it's not over. :mad:

Quit y'alls jinxing, b****es. LET'S GO, DYNAMOooOOoOo!!! :cool:

Beat Seattle in Seattle! o_O
    Why would you want to start talking OFFSEASON? It hasn't started! :mad:

STFU, man!

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Bruin coming back to score against the Dynamo...just for Leroy. :mad::D

SwoLy-D and leroy like this.
  8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Man was that annoying.

9. SwoLy-D

He's probably NOT reading this thread, man... you're wasting your time... :mad:he's not an everyday fan.

#notMyFellowDynamoFan :D

Anyway, I was initially going to try to make the SEATTLE flight and backpacking trip, but... something came up. Anyone y'all know going over there? I am thinking it's going to be difficult to get a ticket. :(

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would field a high risk high reward lineup tonight, they are gonna need a lot of goals and adjustments need to be made. I’d go with Cubo, Mauro, and Quioto up top with Elis suspended. I think you gotta bench Martinez, he was completely outmatched physically by the Sounders. I’d play Sanchez as the 10 and hope he can create some magic. And as well as Alexander has played in the playoffs, he isn’t involved in the offense enough, I’d play Alex there, at least giving them a better option for a counter attack. That doesn’t leave a lot on the bench for an attacking change of pace but Boniek and Martinez will be available if they have to be

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Welp guys looks like that's it for this year... sad it ended this way but before the season I had no expectations of us getting this far. Hopefully we can build on this and come back strong next season l

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Nacogdoches own Clint...with the dagger.

13. SwoLy-D

:cool: Thank you, Houston Dynamo for a great season full of surprises and amazing results no one else but us, your true fans, expected!
    You posted this BEFORE the game was over? :eek: Some fan you are. :confused:

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Options Declined on the following players:

Rico Clark, Deric, DeLaGarza, Boniek, Vicente Sanchez, Anibaba, Calle Brown, Jose Escalante, Joe Holland, Taylor Hunter, and Christian Lucatero

15. SwoLy-D

De La Garza?!?!? :eek: How?!?!? Only the best youngest defender! And they're going to keep Beasley?!?!? WOW.

16. leroy

Add to that FA's Beasley, Joe Willis, Alex, and a couple others. There are currently only 12 players on the roster. I'd like to keep Alex and find a way to keep the Honduran contingent together. Elis' loan from Monterrey is set to expire this month. They have until the 31st to decide to extend, send him back, or buy him outright.

rhino17 likes this.
  17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

^^^
    I agree with all that. Gotta keep the Hondurans and Alex. I'd also like to bring back Sanchez for 1 more year. Also Deric, but idk what the status is with the domestic abuse thing, I've heard no details about it.

I let Beasley walk for sure, I think Remick was just as good if not better this year.

leroy likes this.
  18. leroy

Soccer Matters (Glenn Davis) is reporting that Alex is leaving for Asia. Didn’t give specifics on where.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The Dynamo have left the following UNPROTECTED for the upcoming expansion draft:

Alexander, Eric
    Alvarez, Arturo
    Anibaba, Jalil
    Beasley, DaMarcus
    Boniek Garcia, Oscar
    Brown, Calle
    Clark, Ricardo
    DeLaGarza, AJ
    Escalante, Jose (INT'L)
    Garcia, Kevin
    Holland, Joseph (INT'L)
    Hunter, Taylor