The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What I believe to be a very successful off season is over. Players report today. This might be the most I've ever anticipated a Dynamo season since they moved here. Lots of solid moves to rebuild the defense and midfield. Hopefully Cubo is re-energized by the hiring of Cabrera.

I think we're going to see a much more pleasing on field product with a very tough defense. If Cabrera can tie it all together quickly, this will be the surprise team of the league this season.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yeah I think they did a pretty good job this off-season, maybe the best they have ever done. If they can get Beasley back, the defense should be pretty good. I'm glad they at least addressed the midfield and Rico is not just a presumed starter. Lots of potential up front as well, don't know much about these guys but at least they are trying something new

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Much like the Rockets, the Dynamo entered this off-season with a ton of questions and not a lot of answers. And, much like the Rockets, they chose a direction and went all-in. No matter what happens on the field now, at least they've shown a willingness to change the way they're doing things. Now, let's all hope they come together the way the Rockets have, and take the league by storm.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

When you think of the successful years, most all of those players came from San Jose. There wasn't much to build. Once those guys started leaving and retiring, they did a piss poor job at rebuilding. This is the first time they've really done that.

I honestly don't see a need for Beasley other than wanting a vet presence. He's an injury waiting to happen and won't likely be cheap. I was surprised Arena called him in, frankly.

5. J.R.

J.R. Contributing Member

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

9. dumbartonbass

dumbartonbass Contributing Member

The new kit is the best one they've had in years

10. Beavis Stiffler