1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Agree on the Euro DPs...unless ownership decides to spend some money. A good Euro DP will generate interest just as much as a Latin American one, IMO, if it's a good one. Though, convincing a Euro to come play in Houston...in the summer...outdoors...might be a tough sell.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Honduran Romell Quioto also signed

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Thank goodness

7. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Bet Leroy was delirious with joy once this was reported lol.

9. leroy

I wouldn't say delirious. It definitely deserved a few Tiger-like fist pumps. Good f***ing riddance.

I can't imagine what Seattle wants with him. He's not a fit for how they play. Then again, he's not a fit for any team that plays soccer.

K mf G likes this.
  10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Cubo officially returning from loan from Cruz Azul.

What type of formation does everyone thing WImer will employ this season? Just Cubo and Mauro up top? Maybe a 4-2-3-1 with cubo up front, Mauro and Ellis on the wings, and I guess Boniek in the 10 role? They are adding a lot of offense this season, not sure where everything is lining up

11. leroy

Hopefully, they're not done yet. Still need to improve the defense, too.

I'd think that Cabrera is the guy who best knows how to get the most out of Cubo. He's done it before. Not sure how it will play out once they get in to camp (which is only a few weeks away).

12. leroy

Dynamo sign defender Leonardo

They selected him in the re-entry draft and he's officially signed now. I like this move. Experienced player, especially in the MLS where he's a multiple MLS Cup winner with the Galaxy. Plus, he's still just a month short of 29, so he's still got a lot of game left in him.

I will say that I do like the moves so far this off-season. If these work out and health doesn't become an issue, the Dynamo could be looking at a very quick turnaround from the garbage of the past couple seasons.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think we might be looking at something like this:

Cubo

Ellis ----- Boniek ---- Monotas

Alex ----- Cabeza

Beasley ----- Machado ----- Agus ----- Leonardo

Deric
    Bench:
    Rico
    Quioto
    Anibaba

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I hope Manotas puts some weight on and makes it into hard muscle. He could outrun and outplay so many defenders... the kid has talent. :eek:

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Rumor that 4 teams in MLS are looking to bring Geoff Cameron back to the league, Houston is assumed to be one of the 4

16. leroy

Where are you seeing this? Only thing I could find is an espnfc article that he's in the US being looked at by US Soccer's doctors to see how his knee is doing. He's been out of action since October and hoping to be back with Stoke in time to be ready for the next qualifiers.

That said...I'd love to have him back. I would hope that he'd give Houston the first crack.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

saw the rumor on the MLS website, then read the Houston connection somewhere else but I forgot where

18. leroy

Found it...

What's going on with Geoff Cameron?

19. Beavis Stiffler

2017 Regular Season schedule is out. Only 6 national TV games on Fox Sports 1 and UniMas, none on ESPN. They will later announce their Local TV coverage probably before the season opener. Hope it's a better deal than being on Root Sports alternate channel for the majority of the season. Good news is there are NO games that the Dynamo are on the same day or same time with the Astros games. That means there's not gonna be much traffic/parking issues for the fans making it to the game.

http://www.houstondynamo.com/schedule