1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[THE OFFICIAL] GARM Bad Post of The Week Competition Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Was it this?

hakeem94, BigMaloe and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

Los Angeles Clippers head coach Doc Rivers said Chris Paul left the organization to play alongside MVP runner-up James Harden with the Houston Rockets.

"He left because he wanted to be with James Harden," Rivers said, per Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times. "Let's not get that twisted. I wish him well. I have no problem with that."

MVP4THREE, alethios, larsv8 and 3 others like this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

True that, but not from honest :p

Os Trigonum and topfive like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't forget "science" :rolleyes:

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah that’s it cool thanks.

I’m hoping we win the ship and harden keeps his 4.3 average to see him flip his words around

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I know it's not recent but I was surfing through some older threads and happened upon this gem (btw this was after the first preseason game, I think)

7. basketballholic

I'll still take Maker's career over Capela's. Kinda hard to judge I'm wrong on that that in Makers second season, don't you think?

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...you had no problem making declarations on Capela's career during his second season, so......sure, I guess!

Obito, Deuce, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  9. basketballholic

Yes, that was it. It's never happened.

But James has brought his turnovers down nicely while playing alongside Paul. Last time I checked he ed averaging around 3.5 turnovers a game in games that Paul played alongside him.

And who knows...he might only turn it over 8 times or less total in the remaining 7 games (if he plays) and push that turnover average right down to 4. That would be great. (Even though we still haven't win a championship....which some if you are already concluding will happen.)

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fair enough, talk with you again in three to four years. ;)

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. basketballholic

I'm not changing on that. He's a mediocre big man.

12. basketballholic

No problem.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So...you've already deemed yourself correct on Capela, despite overwhelming evidence that you're not, yet we have to wait a decade for Thon Maker's career to conclude you're right about him, despite overwhelming evidence that you're not.

Okay!

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

i believe we still have time for a certain pg to become the best player out of that draft #yulec

hakeem94 and RiceRockets like this.
  15. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

That's a good one. AshleyEm was absolutely apoplectic after we failed to get Melo ("FIRE MOREY! FIRE MOREY!"). You could put just about any of her posts in this thread and it would be appropriate.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Soneca

Soneca Member

Do you have a problem with people concluding that things that still haven't happen will happen? At least the odds of us winning the 'ship this year are currently looking far better than your former guesses. :D

I'd say the parallel universe you visited during your travel to the future looks far away from our current reality, as shown by your now proven absurdly wrong second statement in that same post. :rolleyes:

17. basketballholic

No. I could be wrong on Maker. He could bust. That's still possible. But as of today I'd still trade Capela for him just like I would have before Maker was drafted. I'm simply saying I haven't changed my opinion.....yet. But I do reserve the right to do that and the right to be wrong once in a while.

Let's see how it plays out. Maker is only in his second season.

## - One sidenote on Capela. I know he's working on shooting the three.......finally. If you go back through my posts I advocated Capela learning to shoot the early in his rookie season. Lol, got piled on at that time for how ridiculous I was being. But I've always felt....especially after seeing Capela play alongside Dwight and Smoove.and how much better he is defensively when he doesn't have to anchor the paint, that he has had the capability of learning to shoot the three and if he did that then I thought he would make hundreds of millions in the NBA by simply developing his defensive instincts on the perimeter. And I still hold to all that. And it looks like the organization has finally gotten around to helping him work on the three. IF.......He develops a good to great three-ball.....then.....I'm going to definitely change my opinion.

Also IF.......Capela is our defensive anchor in the playoffs this season....I'm going to change my opinion and admit I was wrong about him. And I'll be happy to do so. Because if he is a defensive stud in the playoffs and we stay healthy....we will win the championship. There's no doubt about it.

Conversely, if we fail to win a championship this season it will be because either we had key injuries that derailed us or because we could not defend the paint well enough. As or starting center....Capela will be a primary part of that failure.

I hope I'm wrong about Capela. I'd rather be dead wrong about him and win a championship as to be right about him and this team and lose in the playoffs/Finals.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

cp3 didn't get this memo

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. basketballholic

You have to remember the context of that statement. That was based upon losing Dwight from that dysfunctional 2016 team and simply replacing him with Clint without adding anything else. I wrote that in response to posters who felt that if we simply replaced Dwight with Clint that we would be upgrading and would be able to compete with the same team. They were laying all the blame for the failure of that 2016 team at Dwighy's doorstep. I was simply pointing out that Capela was a significant defensive downgrade to Dwight and that simply trading his pick and roll game for Dwight defense was, at the very best, a wash. That was well before the signings of Gordon and Anderson and Nene.

Context means everything.

#79 basketballholic, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  20. basketballholic

Once again....This is dated. Players do change. Harden made a huge change last season. He finally realized he needed to share the ball with a another great playmaker. Up until that time he had refused those transactions (more than one) that would have added another primary playmaker to this team.

By the way, I was insisting we needed another great playmaker to share the ball with Harden, take his turnovers down, make him an even higher scorer and a more efficient shooter while myriads of posters here scoffed at the idea of "taking the ball out of Harden's hands", something I never advocated anyways but got accused of repeatedly.

I was right. Harden needed to play alongside a true point guard. It's been a great adjustment.

#80 basketballholic, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    Os Trigonum, Plowman and daywalker02 like this.