1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Don't Trade Anyone Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SeeingRocketRed, May 17, 2009.

1. SeeingRocketRed

Recommendation for this offseason:

Re-sign everyone. Don't trade or get rid of anyone named Scola, Landry, Battier, Hayes, Artest, Lowry, Brooks, Wafer, Dorsey, Yao, or McGrady. This team has heart, grit, chemistry, and plays for each other.

Replace Brian Cook and/or Brent Barry. Look for a 7 footer or two to add to the roster to legitimately back up Yao, and one long guard 6-6+ who can play solid defense, make shots, and get to the rack. Can Flight play d?

We were one game from the Western Conference Finals this year. Keep this team together, and teach Brooks to pass better and never turn the ball over, and I see great great things in out future. Execute the offense, and we win.

1 person likes this.
  2. DamnDivision

DamnDivision Member

3. WillG

WillG Member

Get rid of artest IMO. Hes D is decent but horrible offensive player.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Resign Artest.

Wafer IDK if he will resign considering that Artest will take most of our cap space and Wafer is going to want more PT and a larger contract. I can see Wafer going to a bad team like the Kings or something.

But I think this is a special team. We just gotta keep our two main guys healthy.

5. Galaksy

Galaksy Member

I think he doesn't need to shoot those threes, just work on his post moves

6. WillG

WillG Member

He has 1 good offensive game for every 4 horrible games. Hes just not a good offensive player.

7. Mr. Space City

i approve of this thread.

with tmac in the lineup artest would not be forced to become a scorer which is not his strong suit

8. returningfan

returningfan Member

Agree - but still would like Brent to stay.
    Is there any chance at all that Deke could/would come back for another year?

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

With tmac in the lineup we're doomed to be a first round and out team again. Trade it.

10. Mr. Space City

i disagree.

this bench is better than any bench t-mac and yao have ever had. and you now have role players that can score to compared to previous seaons.

i'd rather have t-mac shooting than ron artest ANY DAY OF THE WEEK

11. dlite316

dlite316 Member

who do u guys think we can get if we package artest and wafer?
    artest is tough, but i dun think we should pay him over 10 mil for multiple of yrs...and wafer certainly has attitude problems...
    hopefully james white can develop and contribute big time next season...

12. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

get rid of the guy that's at Chicago would be a bonus even if just for dumping salary reasons

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Artest will be better on offense because Yao and Tmac will be back.

They SHOULD be scoring options #1 and #2 and Artest will be a complimentary guy...but he can still take over games.

Just like KG and Pierce...and they have Ray Allen just in case. :)

Should be a good year if the bball Gods give us a shot.

14. choujie

choujie Member

Tmac's trading value is low.

Brooks trading value is high. If we can get a Steve Nash for him plus cap filler, I'm all for it.

15. dlite316

dlite316 Member

and plz bring in a backup centre...

16. Persianfoo

Persianfoo Member

This thread makes sense. I dont wanna see any of those players go. We could win a championship with this roster as long as some people stay healthy.

17. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Barry isn't going any where. He has one more year on his contract. And if he were to be traded. It would look bad on the Rockets part.

18. rudan

rudan Member

The GM will do whatever he thinks will improve our chances. If a good trade come about, I wouldnt be upset if he pulls the trigger even if that means we'll lose some of our favorite players. What if some team really wants Yao or Battier and is willing to give us a lot in return? Even though I would like them both to retire with us, If the return is going to help us I say pull the trigger :)

19. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

Bring in camby for backup C trade tmac to bulls for gorden and hinrich. Run 10 man rotation next year Yao scola battier artest hinrich, landry camby gorden lowry brooks ultra fast bench... Ok in my dreams lol

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Barry to NJ for Sean Williams. I don't care about his problems. He would be a good fit here. Bring Area 51 home.