1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The OFFICIAL Bill O'Brien in the hot seat thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The overreaction is strong and hilarious.

Not saying that it may be warranted as the season progresses, but it's preseason.

Half the skill players did not play.

The (arguably at this point) best offensive lineman is not with the team.

Let's pump the brakes for a second.

CallMeTheDream, TheFreak and leroy like this.
  2. Malaya

Malaya Member

Oh and add the illegal formations too.

My goodness, are we the only team that doesn't know how to line up? On vanilla plays too?

RasaqBoi and Mr. Clutch like this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not to mention there might be something on their minds other than football...like if they have homes to return to.

Anyone freaking out about a preseason game with so many starters and contributors missing, a bland playbook, and other extenuating circumstances really needs to get a grip.

4. Two Sandwiches

Exactly. Meant to type that, but forgot.

5. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I agree with you Derp on TE/Slot Receiver development. But I'm not so quick to blame Bill O'Brien. I am quick to
    blame Rick Smith. It's been discussed ad nauseam on previous threads.

John McClain twitted last night about 9:13 pm that his wife told him about tornados and bad weather in the Houston area.
    He then wrote that he doesn't give a rats about this game. He left out the word "bottom"; but we get the idea.

None of the players had thier minds on the game, with the exception of probably Eric Lee, Scarlett, Ankou,
    Hatley, Hardee, Kamalu.....Cole, Griffin, Dee Virgin, Ellington. With exception of Griffin, do any of them
    have homes in the Houston area? Even having an apartment in the storms track requires some concern.

Defense looked distracted from the opening whistle. DB's gave a mile long cushion to the Saints and Brees
    took advantage of it. ESPN site shows Brees throwing 11-15 for 76 yards; Savage 10-16 for 79 yards.
    PFF has Brees throwing 12-15 attempts. Brees looked better because he hit wide open short passes
    that they were able to run after the catch.

Reports said the Texans were going to fly back to Houston immediately after the game. It didn't happen. Instead
    they flew to Dallas. I'm just saying try not to hold this game against the team. It might cloud your judgement.

DreamShook likes this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Chad Slade will probably get cut for that.

Also, we should have some cap space, I believe. I expect that we'll be watching cuts hard for help on the line. The line will be better by default. We had a patch work unit in there.

As I said, the overreaction is strong, and hilarious.

Jatman20 likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wasn't even thinking about how Harvey was impacting the players.. smh.

Jatman20 likes this.
  8. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I live in Corpus Christi and worked Friday (at a local nursing home) when Harvey was to hit Friday around 7pm.

TV's were on in the main lobby reporting that the storm was a few mph's away from going from Cat 2 to Category 3
    (around 8 am that morning).

There is a strange feeling that you need to go home & bunker down. Wonder if some of the players had the
    same feeling? Maybe a little.

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Off with their Heads

Fire BO'B & Rick Smith

Make Vrable head coach

10. HstnSprtsFan101

Y'all see this Kyle Shanahan offense making Hoyer look like a god? He's what a real offensive mind looks like

DreamShook likes this.
  11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The seat gets warm if the other teams in the division to up the competition. If the only foreseeable worry right now is Tennessee, BOB's gonna take his time.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

OB shouldn't be going anywhere unless the bottom falls out both this season and the next.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Eddie if that offense doesn't show any vast improvements through week . You my brother can best believe that seat is going to be fish grease hot.

14. Two Sandwiches

If the offense doesn't show any improvement through the first half of the season, and we're sitting at 2-6, yes the seat will be hot.

But to say the seat is hot when we get shut out in the preseason, while the entire staff and squad is thinking about things bigger than football, is an overreaction.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Well you know some fans over reacts to every little thing. Lol Forget the fact that Hopkins, Brown, Blue, CJ, and Fuller. Foreman and B. Miller didn't play either. We should know teams will not Blitz us on every 3rd down.

The only this that was disturbing to me was how easily our line was getting beat by 3-4 man rushes.

Two Sandwiches likes this.