1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Official 2018 Houston Rockets Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lurch, May 28, 2018.

1. igotwhipscollectingdust

Lebron will leave regardless. Let’s just hope he beats them before he does.

2. igotwhipscollectingdust

This is tough I wouldn’t want to move on from any of our good players if we get Lebron. I guess I would prioritize keeping Gordon, Capela, and Tuck.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why do so many people want Boogie? He's such an unknown right now, coming back from an Achilles.

saleem likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

It all depends on Lebron i feel...i think Chris will take a paycut if necessary so, if Lebron wants to be here i think we'll be able to pull it off in one way or another.

Other than that i don't know, i'd like to get George too (if Lebron will sign somewhere else) but i don't see that happening for some reason.

My dream scenario is to start with this roster:

Capela/Wright/Zhou/Black
    PJ/Luc
    Lebron/Ariza
    Harden/Gordon
    Paul/random veteran

faraza84 likes this.
  5. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

May bring his price down. Can’t deny that his upside and potential fit with this team is almost unfathomable.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  6. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Outside of the obvious targets, LBJ, PG13, CP3, CC, some other non-high profile acquisitions that i think could be beneficial:
    • JJ Redick - 6'4 SG - he'd be my first target again outside of the obvious targets (would also be pricey). He passed on the Rockets last year. Rockets were 1 game away from the WCF. With JJ Redick, you avoid the 0-27 3pt drought (although, harden's 4pt play was waived off during that stretch).
    • Cory Joseph - 6'3 PG - Defensive PG / Ball handler. Average 3pt shooter (35% last 2 years)
    • Wayne Ellington - 6'4 SG - 3pt shooter (38 and 39% last 2 years), improved defender, ball handler
    • Avery Bradley - 6'2 SG - 3 and D shooting guard.
    • Jeff Green - 6'9 PF - size/length, can hit the 3, capable defender, athletic (Perfect Ryno replacement if DM can find him a new home).
      • Although - i'd like to see how he does against GSW in the finals

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

1. I hope to God he is not here. And we have made a deal that will help us in the upcoming season.
    2. I think Luc, nene, johnson, etc will be gone. Green and Gordon (if not traded for a superstar) star. Then we get whatever we can get going forward.
    3. Yes.
    4. Maybe has another Superstar on it along with Cp3 and Harden.

9. realonemo

realonemo Member

Lebron has to be a possibility. No way he comes back to Cleveland. Have no idea where he goes but he'd most likely bring another star with him if he goes anywhere but H-town.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Luc might sign elsewhere. I'm not sure he wants to come back here after he didn't any playing time in the season deciding game. Of course their were extenuating circumstances, but it may not sit well with him.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You aren't signing Boogie (Or any other big money free agent) because they will be over the cap literally from the get go with cap holds.

The only way to bring in a player making significant money is via trade.

They'll have more free agents than players remaining on the payroll.

Capela , Ariza , CP3 , Green , Luc & Black are all free agents. And I wouldn't be surprised if all but Black are retained and its possible he is too if they cant find a better option for the minimum.

Ryno , EG , Onuaku , Qi , Tucker & Harden are the only players under contract and equate to more than $78m - add those cap holds and you are well above the cap.

Forget about a big name "Free Agent" unless that player leaves a LOT of $$$ on the table..

Sign and trade options are going to hard cap you … Can you bring in a max player , resign CP3 and Capela while remaining under the apron ?! Doubtful.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares? It’s all rigged.

15. bevo202

bevo202 Member

No one is taking Eric Gordon and spare parts for a superstar. They'd want high draft picks or good young players which we have neither. Id say just resign guys and vetersns to two year deals that way in two years everone but Harden will be off the books

16. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I would honestly be surprised to see Luc or Ariza return. Same with Green although I could see him giving a huge hometown discount to hang around. Luv and Ariza just proved be too streaky and unreliable when it came down to it. We can find younger 3 and D guys with less years on them that can be just as productive.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Eric Gordon is really our only tradeable asset. I wonder if Morey could somehow parlay him and some picks into PG or Jimmy Butler. 3-D guys with some offensive ability would be massive.

Anderson will require assets to get rid of, and everybody else is a role player. Would like Ariza, Green and Luc back, but only at the right price. They could probably make more elsewhere.

Need to add a true backup PG somehow, not a band aid off the street.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

No to Bradley (poor shooter and looks toast after injuries) and Green, but yes to the first 3

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Obvious that we keep Chris and Clint. But as Morey mentioned earlier this year - if Lebron wants in, you say yes first and figure out how later.

Almost want to root for GSW to sweep