1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Offical "Do Something, Morey!" Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 14, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You should either read thru this thread or pay more attention this forum.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Ah, well, he'd fit right in on the latter-half-of-the-season Rockets.

Deuce and J Sizzle like this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Isnt this kind of another random trade idea thread?

I mean its a thread petitioning morey to change the roster and people are dropping random trade ideas

4. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

With this team as good as it is for being the current 3rd seed in the West, it's lacking enough that we will be lucky to get to the conference series finals as it stands. James is great but, another piece will be required for us to be capable of going for the trophy. Morey needs to make the hard decision before the trade deadline if he's serious about this season. Waiting until free agency appears to indicate he's gambling that somehow the Dubs, Spurs, Clippers etc will fall to a level below us. Why waste James hopeful MAP year?. Just saying

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

we are better than the Clippers, people need to stop saying we are below them

6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

No ones flaming him. There is a such thing as being cheap..... Harrell and Dekker are productive but Morey finds these type of players all the time. Almost every player he's drafted since Aaron Brooks is still playing in the league, almost. Ibaka was a rental true, but when a player is available to help you fill a NEED to make a push for a championship, you do it. If we not trying to win that I don't what we play for. Maybe he was too expensive in losing the players or picks and possibly him not resigning here, or Morey not wanting to give him the max. I figured he and James played together before and our team ain't half bad, and would be better if he did stay.

But no move could still be a good move...Morey usually drafts good. If we don't upgrade by trade or free agency then..... drafting and hoping our players develop are the only ways to improve. I'm just tired of my team legit-ness (i know its not a word) to keep being questioned. Are we elite? Are we as good ad SA or GS. I'm ready for Harden and his team to make a bigger statement than they have been. shiii.....aint nothing wrong with wanting my team to be the best.

For a rental Ibaka. I would have offered.

PER

Corey Brewer 7.7

K.J. McDaniels 10.1

2017 Second Round Pick and cash considerations.

for

Serge Ibaka 17.6

I know, don't make much since, and is probably why we don't have him. They don't fill a particular need, but they get a vet, and a young athletic wing (they have have a lot) both on 2 years left on their deals that will help clear space when their other youngins' expire and they can pick and choose who to resign. Hard to pass up a 1st Rounder but its not like Toronto will be bad to where the pick is high in the draft, ehhh idk, half a season is not that long to see a return investment i guess.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do something Morey!!!

8. Hui

Hui Member

LOL other teams seem to get better. Even the Cav's were able to make unexpectable trades when they needed it.

Ramo$e likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

We just added Anderson and Gordon in the summer. Thats 2 starters very few teams have added that much compare that to the Cavs who only added a bench player in korver. Or does it only count when its done during the season and not suring the summer?

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

If there's one thing I know about ClutchFans, it's that you can never have too many random trade idea threads

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

No matter what they do they will not be better on paper than the Warriors.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Once Ibaka was traded it was a wrap... we are doing nothing.

Ramo$e likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah but this one is the best one

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

Are you serious?

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Heard ol Jimmer dropped 73 in China. What does he have to do, fly a sign over Moreys house saying free BJs love Jimmer?

RudyTBag likes this.
  19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Can't Morey top New Orlean's offer for Cousins?! Now I am offically pissed!

Ming The King likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Well if u make a better offer, u lose out on your already small bench. Plus no guarantee this gifted diva will resign with u. Pretty risky especially if u gambling with Harden's window.